Food & Beverage Manager - Nottingham
- Job Type
- Full Time
Food & Beverage Manager - Ramsdale Park Golf Centre
RESPONSIBLE TO: General Manager
Ramsdale Park Golf Centre is looking for an experienced Food & Beverage Manager to join the team. You are our ideal candidate if you are a motivated individual with high standards and a sense of fun and professionalism. The F&B Manager is responsible for overseeing the day to day operation of the restaurant, bar and function facilities.
The candidate needs to have had experience within a similar role and be able to demonstrate a proven track record of delivering results. The candidate must possess a sound knowledge and understanding of budgets, forecasting, KPIs, sales, marketing, recruitment and training.
Responsible for the entire food and beverage service operation, running of events and functions, along with actively promoting and driving casual sales. To instil a customer focused culture that engages staff to deliver agreed levels of service.
- To oversee the daily clubhouse operation, all food and beverage outlets and to manage all departmental resources and employees, including hiring, training, scheduling, developing and evaluating.
- Maintain the existing food and beverage program of events and to develop new concepts and strategies that ensure the highest possible levels of service, that meets and exceeds customer expectations, and that encourages new and repeat business.
- Responsible for controlling food and beverage labour costs in line with set targets by accurately forecasting staffing levels against the needs of the business, and to record wage costs and forecasting on a weekly basis for the centre and head office.
- To record all beverage deliveries onto ESP and to order all relevant goods via f n b shop.
- To maximise sales potential through the marketing of food and beverage events and promotions.
- To be fully aware and accountable for the departments P&l and to record and display, on a weekly basis, departmental revenue performance against budget.
- To ensure maintenance, cleanliness and overall appearance of the centre are to BGL standard, and to liaise with the GM over any issues.
- Conduct a daily Club tour of the property to ensure a clean and tidy operation.
- To communicate daily with all departments to maximise the efficient day to day running of the Club.
- To assist in the duty management of the centre and to deputise in other areas as required. Duty Managers may be required at times to stay overnight at the Lodge due to business needs.
- To ensure the well-being of the centre assets, including cash and stock, and to ensure that the centre and associated buildings are left secure.
- To be aware of all current legislation, including health and safety, food safety and employment law.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures related to the operation of the Food and Beverage department are enforced and implemented appropriately, sanitation, food preparation and storage, alcoholic beverage service, cash and credit card processing, till operations, stock control and health and safety.
- Ensures full personnel management of entire front of house team, including job chats, staff reviews, annual appraisals, objective setting, along with recording all external and on job training.
- Ensures that adequate inventories are maintained, secured and storage is provided.
- Reviews all bookings for catered activities, ie: banquets and meetings, and ensure all appropriate preparation is made in advance.
- Solicits and handles customer enquiries, comments, suggestions, and concerns to provide answers or determine solutions. Follows up with customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Conducts staff meetings with and post notices for co-workers to communicate goals, events and any changes to policy and/or procedure.
- Provides feedback to General Manager regarding such things as customer comments, ideas for service improvement, strategies for revenue growth, and health and safety issues.
- Complies with BGL personnel policies and procedures and health and safety procedures.
- To undertake any further duties as requested by the management.
We expect all our staff to strive to:
- Maintain open and honest communication with our customers, both internal and external, at all times.
- Create and have a positive impact on our local community. Supporting regular neighbourhood events and working closely with society.
- Protect and nurture our environment, consider everything from alternative work methods through to maintaining and supporting our local wildlife.
- Support each other in everything we do, recognised and develop each individuals potential.
- Take complete ownership of their own actions and have pride in what they do.
- Deliver to our customer’s consistent high levels of service, quality and value in everything we do.
- Look for alternatives to what we do seeking out and exploiting natural resources.