Lifeguard - Dartford
- Job Type
- Part Time
Casual Lifeguards - Birchwood Park Golf and Country Club
Responsible to: Fitness Manager
Main Duties: To ensure the safety of all pool users and to provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Maintain vigilant supervision of the swimming pool and splash pool at all times.
- Communicate with customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ensure poolside rules are complied with by pool users at all times.
- Administer first aid, effect pool rescues and apply resuscitation as necessary.
- Ensure that all facility equipment is put away and stored securely when not in use.
- Carry out water tests every 2 hours whilst on duty, and any environmental test as required.
- Complete bather counts every half hour whilst on duty.
- Ensure the pool plant and storage areas are maintained, organised, safe and clean at all times.
- Report any water testing, water quality or maintenance issues to the Duty Manager.
- Maintain a valid RLSS/ISRM National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) and keep it up to date through a regular programme of training and practice.
- Comply with BGL personnel policies and procedures and health and safety procedures.
- Undertake any further duties or training as requested by the Fitness Manager.
- Casual Contract
We expect all our staff to strive to:
- Maintain open and honest communication with our customers, both internal and external, at all times.
- Create and have a positive impact on our local community. Supporting regular neighbourhood events and working closely with society.
- Protect and nurture our environment, consider everything from alternative work methods through to maintaining and supporting our local wildlife.
- Support each other in everything we do, recognised and develop each individuals potential.
- Take complete ownership of their own actions and have pride in what they do.
- Deliver to our customer’s consistent high levels of service, quality and value in everything we do
- Look for alternatives to what we do seeking out and exploiting natural resources.