Third/Assistant Chef - Dartford
- Job Type
- Full Time
Third/Assistant Chef - Birchwood Park Golf and Country Club
Birchwood Park Golf Centre is part of BGL Golf (Burhill Golf and Leisure Ltd) and one of the largest owners and operators of golf facilities in the UK privately owned by the Guinness Family. The Company is committed to ensuring that each site provides the highest quality in its market segment with particular emphasis on the company vision and values.
Responsible for day to day food preparation for the golf course; supervises kitchen porters, food cost of sales to budget; works with Head Chef to develop revenue and expense plans to maximise sales and profitability while maintaining excellence in quality and customer relations.
Main Duties Include:
- Attends work in correct uniform, at correct rostered time
- Completes all food preparation for all catering outlets, which may include bar/lounge, snack bar, on course sales and function suite
- Meets all standards for performance, appearance and service provision
- Maintains existing food programmes and develops new concepts/strategies that ensure the highest possible quality of food and service to meet customer expectations and assure repeat business.
- Ensures relevant records such as temperature sheets, and food labelling is kept up to date
- Ensures that all policies and procedures related to the operation of the Food and Beverage department are enforced and implemented appropriately, including personnel management, sanitation, food preparation, storage and health and safety.
- Implements and maintains effective inventory and shortage controls
- Ensures that adequate inventories are maintained and storage is provided
- Reviews all bookings for catered activities, ie banquets/meetings/weddings/societies etc
- Works with other departments to ensure efficiencies of operations
- Complies with BGL personnel policies and health and safety procedures
- To undertake any further duties as requested by the management
Please submit your application by 26th November
Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted