Chef de Partie - Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
- Brocket Hall Estate
- Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
- Dependant On Experience
- 10 Mar 2023
- 07 Apr 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef, Chef de Partie, Demi Chef De Partie
- Job Type
- Full Time
Chef de Partie - Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
Location: Golf Club
Reports to: Head Chef/Sous Chef
Liaises with: Clubhouse Manager, Front-of House Team, Reception
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Head Chef, and within the limits of established policies and procedures and food standards, assists the Sous Chef in overseeing and directing all aspects of the kitchen operation.
- Participates in and supervises the preparation and cooking of all food on the given section in accordance with established recipe cards and methods.
- Checks daily function sheets, menus, and forecasts to ensure appropriate production levels.
- Ensures food is currently prepared to the established standard by sampling on a regular basis.
- Always ensures adequate supply of food.
- Ensures dishes are correctly garnished (where appropriate) before being sent to the pass for service.
- Ensures portion control policy and standard plating instructions are adhered to.
- Adheres to the restaurant’s cost control policies and procedures.
- Prevents unnecessary wastage of foodstuffs.
- Conducts on-the-job training, as appropriate.
- Ensures mis en place and food stuffs are correctly always stored.
- Ensures the security of the stores and fridges during all working hours.
- Ensures that the respective section is sufficiently supplied with all requirements.
- Participates in menu planning, as appropriate.
- Coaches and encourages employees in your section to adopt correct work methods.
- To ensure that all working areas are kept clean and tidy on a day-to-day basis, according to Statutory regulations and standards.
- Ensures that hygiene and sanitation are strictly observed in the kitchen and that equipment and utensils are handled, maintained, and used correctly.
- Maintains all required legislative controls and records, including temperature control in accordance with HACCP’s and risk assessment and to provide evidence of due diligence.
- Presents a well-groomed appearance, always wearing the correct footwear and uniform.
- Attends meetings and training courses as may be necessary from time to time.
- Any other ad hoc duties as requested by the Head Chef/Sous Chef.
- This role may from time to time be scheduled to work in one of the other kitchens on the Estate as part of the working week.
Punctuality & Timekeeping
- To arrive for work and be ready to commence your duties at the appointed start time.
- To adhere to the Company’ policy regarding sickness notification and holiday authorisation procedures.
- To always ensure that you are aware of your rota and that you attend work as scheduled.
- To ensure you work within the control system as set out by the Company.
- To be aware of cost controls and to use all means at your disposal to conserve stocks of materials which you may use.
- To always be aware of any opportunities which may arise for you to positively advertise or promote the Estate and its products.
- To always demonstrate loyalty to the Estate, its products and your colleagues when speaking to external contacts.
- To have a full knowledge of all department products and other Estate services.
- To pass on leads of new organisations or Agents to the Sales Team for follow up.
- To attend departmental team briefing meetings each month to remain up to date with business activities.
- To participate in departmental discussions and continually work to improve your department.
- To ensure you read and understand all documentation provided in relations to the Estate.
- To ensure that you perform your duties according to the standards laid down in the Kitchen SOP Manual, and in the updates given out through memos and communication meetings.
- To work in such a way to achieve a “right first time, every time” method of working.
- Make recommendations to your Departmental Manager of changes to the Estate which would enhance the facility, improve sales or reduce costs.
- To ensure the highest level of guest service and colleague respect.
- To ensure that you adhere to the provisions of any legislation or local authority regulations which affect you and your department, including:
- The Food Safety Act
- Food Hygiene Regulations
- EU Food Information Regulations
- To ensure that you work in a safe way so as to prevent any risk to the health and safety of yourself, your colleagues and all other persons visiting the Estate.
- To report any health and safety hazards which you have become aware of immediately to your departmental manager.
- To be aware of the fire prevention and evacuation procedure operating within the business and to carry them out as and when required.
- To report all accidents, no matter how small, to your Departmental Manager / Duty Manager.
- To ensure that you work in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- To ensure that all information, whether oral, written or otherwise communicated that is supplied by any employee of the company shall be treated as confidential and not be disclosed to any third party.
- You will ensure confidentiality of all information gained from working within the Company including but not limited to, general business information, processes, passwords, workflow, business operations, customers and suppliers.
- This agreement does not apply to any information that is already in the public domain.
Security & Control
- To be aware of Estate security procedures and report any situation which seems out of place.
- To always ensure that you lock any area which is under your control where security measures are in force.
- To ensure no loss of Estate revenue either through carelessness or wilful neglect.
- To ensure the safe keeping of keys and other company property with which you are entrusted whilst on shift.
Attitude & Performance
- To always act in a welcoming, courteous and sincere manner with guests in order to provide a friendly yet efficient service.
- To always demonstrate your integrity and honesty.
- To comply with any other reasonable request as made by senior management.
- To co-operate well within the team to ensure a seamless and efficient service for all guests and constant improvement of guest service.
- To dress in the provided uniform according to the F&B Dress Code Policy.
Work Related Experience
- A minimum of two years experience in a similar style establishment.
- Must hold current Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (Level 2);
- NVQ Levels 1 & 2 desirable
- Good written and oral communication.
- Must have ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Must be reliable and possess a flexible and professional approach to their work
This job description cannot be exhaustive due to the nature of the hospitality and leisure industry. Therefore, the jobholder can be required from time to time to carry out additional tasks as requested by the Company.
Apply for Chef de Partie - Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly