Golf Clubhouse Manager - Welwyn, Hertfordshire
- Brocket Hall Estate
- Welwyn, Hertfordshire
- 10 Mar 2023
- 07 Apr 2023
- Hotel jobs, Hotel Management, Restaurant, Catering & Hospitality jobs, Restaurant & Catering Management, Restaurant and Bars Manager
- Job Type
- Full Time
Golf Clubhouse Manager - Welwyn, Hertfordshire
Reports to: Director of Operations
Responsible for: All Club Food & Beverage outlets, Service personnel, Estate Reception and Melbourne Lodge.
Liaises with: Club Head Chef, Golf Operations Manager, Golf Course Manager and Department Heads
Scope: To assist in the development and promotion of The Melbourne Club and its membership through the facilities of the Clubhouse
Being based at the Clubhouse, supports, and oversees all aspects of the Food and Beverage, Reception and Melbourne Lodge operation with strong focus and hands-on approach in kitchen and service of the Clubhouse and Lodge accommodation. This role is responsible for the day-to-day smooth operation of the Clubhouse and Melbourne Lodge. Development of designated apprentices and trainees for use within the Clubhouse and other areas of the Estate.
- Hands-on supervision of all events in the Clubhouse. Co-ordinates and supervises the preparation, presentation, and service of food products to always ensure the highest quality.
- Ensure shifts are run efficiently, providing outstanding customer service, supervising staff, and assisting departmental managers and supervisors whilst always maintaining a calm and professional environment.
- Supervises the functioning of all Food and Beverage employees, facilities, sales, and costs, to ensure maximum departmental profit is achieved.
- Oversees the Main Estate Reception operation with the support of the Clubhouse team.
- Be proactive in the generation of business for the Clubhouse and Lodge.
Controls and analyses, on an on-going basis, to optimise the following:
- Quality levels of product and service o Guest satisfaction
- Merchandising and marketing o Operating costs
- Sanitation and cleanliness (hygiene). o Lodge room revenue
- Clubhouse revenues
- Working closely on the training and development of all personnel – including ascertaining individual needs, formulating training plans, probationary reviews, and annual performance appraisals.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
- Monitor the planning and use of annual leave throughout the Clubhouse to always ensure adequate staffing.
- To play a key role in the recruitment of new staff and their induction into the company thereafter.
- Paying close attention to all Clubhouse rosters ensuring all areas are adequately staffed in line with business levels and payroll budgets.
- Implement and develop standards and policies for all Clubhouse operations – ensuring staff are kept up to date with changes of policies and procedure.
- Maintain effective communication throughout the Clubhouse operation with regular meetings and proper shift handovers.
- Always ensure a management presence in the Clubhouse.
- Prepares and submits weekly/monthly reports as required.
- To be fully aware and to adhere to Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, fire, and emergency procedures. Follow up on any reports of accidents or incidents in any area of the department.
- Support the Clubhouse team in their various roles within the Clubhouse structure acting as a point of contact for any problems they may be experiencing.
- Undertake a stock take procedure for the Clubhouse beverage and operating equipment including minimum and maximum par stocks.
- Participate in the preparation and execution of the Clubhouse Social Calendar.
- Attend Club events and competitions to offer and show support to the Club Members from the Clubhouse Management team.
- Deal effectively with complaints and comments from all Members and guests and communicate these issues as necessary.
- Liaise as required with other departments on the Estate with regards to Clubhouse activities and staffing flexibility across all areas of the estate.
- Monitor housekeeping and maintenance issues throughout the Clubhouse and communicate any problem areas to the relevant departments.
- Ensure that food and beverage cost levels are monitored and controlled in line with budgeted targets.
- Ensure that monthly budgeted and forecasted revenues and expenses are achieved.
- Operating the department in line with payroll budgets, paying close attention to seasonal requirements. Record and monitor hours worked and supply reports/timesheets as necessary.
- Oversee the Banqueting Department to ensure Best Practice, efficient staffing and adherence to Company Policies & Procedures.
- Acting as the main liaison between service and kitchen staff establishing a close working relationship with the Head Chef.
- Ensure reservations for the restaurant are organised and controlled in line with operating procedures. Keep records of these to identify trends and business patterns.
- Assists in the direction of pre-service meetings with the service personnel and relays information and policy changes.
- Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering or equivalent.
- Good standard of education.
Work Related Experience
- Minimum of 5 years in a F&B management role – in five-star establishments.
- Knowledge of wine essential.
- Previous training experience essential.
- Silver Service / Fine Dining knowledge desirable.
- Reception and rooms management knowledge
- Personal Licence holder.
- Excellent spoken English.
- Ability to communicate effectively is imperative.
- Must have a desire to generate customer satisfaction.
- Immaculate personal appearance is required.
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment.
- A confident and professional approach is essential.
This job description cannot be exhaustive due to the nature of the hospitality and leisure industry. Therefore, the jobholder can be required from time to time to carry out additional tasks as requested by the Company.
Apply for Golf Clubhouse Manager - Welwyn, Hertfordshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly