Trainee Duty Manager
- Britannia Hotels
- Scarborough, North Yorkshire
- 26 Jan 2023
- 02 Feb 2023
- Bar & Pub jobs, Shift Manager, Commercial Leisure, Attractions & Entertainment jobs, Duty Manager, Hotel jobs, Hotel Management
- Job Type
- Full Time
St. Nicholas Street, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO11 2HE
Why wait to make your next career move?
Apply now and you could be working in the Royal Hotel Scarborough, pinpointed at the centre of Scarborough and overlooking the beautiful South Bay. The Royal Hotel dates to the 1830s, and its grand imposing architecture, including The Royal's famous staircase and atrium, still bear all the hallmarks of the Regency Period. Many of the rooms have been refurbished, yet retain all their archaic ornamentation and historic spirit, which mirror a time of class and style.
The Royal Scarborough boasts 159 classically-styled bedrooms as well as a favourable sea view Restaurant and the Java Lounge. We also cater for conferences & events, with 3 large function rooms that can accommodate up to 300 delegates. We are looking to recruit a Duty Manager for a maternity cover.
As Trainee Duty Manager you will be required to;
- You will be trained to maintain consistent standards of service, ensuring guest satisfaction and organisational values.
- You will be trained to promote all hotel facilities to guests and potential customers.
- You will be trained to deal with customer enquiries correctly and as efficiently as possible.
- You Will be trained to maintain a proactive attitude towards all staff in various departments and represent the company to project the best image and high level of standards.
You will have excellent communication skills with both employees and guests and demonstrate exceptional customer service and management skills.
Look at our website and look at this contemporary-styled hotel!
This position offers the opportunityfor you to take initiative in this exciting new role!
In return for your commitment, we will support you in this new opportunity, with
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted stays for you and your family at any of our 60 Hotels & 6 Parks
- Meals on duty (Subject to eligibility)
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotional prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.
Positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, candidates of any sexes or sexual orientation. All vacancies are posted both externally and internally on a weekly basis to ensure access to all applicants.