Commis Chef - Stratford upon Avon
Commis Chef - Boston Tea Party
Stratford upon Avon
Situated on the busiest street in town, this quirky, funky old school building is definitely Stratford’s number one place to be. We have a unique team feeling and a unique team vibe, an unrivalled ‘je ne sais quoi’. Every day is differently challenging and enjoyable in equal measures, a real buzzing place to be.
We're looking for a Commis Chef to join our team in Stratford upon Avon.
Our people work at BTP because they share our values of empathy, fairness, curiosity, determination, resourcefulness, positivity & humour.
As a Commis Chef you will need to demonstrate these values daily by being flexible & working where the café needs you most, to deliver the best experience for our customers as well as great day at work for your team.
Our Commis Chefs are on a journey to be being a fully-fledged service chef & therefore can work in all areas in the kitchen. They prepare dishes from scratch with our fantastic ingredients and ensure we never compromise on our product quality by ensuring we have the highest cleanliness and food hygiene standards. We are all one big team and you’ll support the Senior Kitchen Team in making sure they have what they need; whether that be working through the prep list or getting stuck in with putting the delivery away.
Our cafes are brilliant places to be in. We deliver phenomenal coffee and teas and incredible ethically sourced food, but what really makes us ‘us’, is our people.
This is a great opportunity to get stuck in and learn loads of skills with a company that never tires of trying to improve how we do things for our teams, customers and the communities which we are part of. After all our purpose is Making Things Better.
What you will get when you work for BTP
• Fair pay & pay progression linked to your training, skill & contribution • Offering more ‘salaried’ positions to support #properjob
• Paid breaks • Free staff food • 25% staff discount • Free hot drinks • No split shifts • Sociable hours
• Observation led training programme that encourages cross/multi-skilling • Leadership development for current and potential managers • Internationally recognised Specialty Coffee Association qualifications
Progression and a future
• At least 75% of all senior positions, including HQ, are filled by our internal talent
• A place where you are accepted for who you are • A fun and vibrant environment • An opportunity to give back to your community