Restaurant Manager - Food and Beverage
- Job Type
- Full Time
Be our Restaurant Manager but most importantly be you!
We look grand, but we aren't stuffy. We consider ourselves quite dapper, but not vain. Bishopstrow is Georgian through and through, with a long, meandering driveway that brings you right up to our big front door. The bit that really bucks the trend is our team who bring the whole place to life.
Built back in 1817 the hotel exhibits stunning features, beautiful bedrooms, a modern 2 rosette restaurant, a terrace that begs you to enjoy a Pimm’s or two and the Spa with treatment rooms as well as indoor and outdoor pool. Then there are the grounds which even have its own walled garden and river! It is unique, that’s for sure but it is our team who are the soul of the place and that’s what keeps our guests coming back time and again.
What’s it like to work with us? Well, we are an imaginative, playful team who encourage each other to remain unconventional, no matter if you’re new to hospitality or if this is a lifelong career. Our diverse, inclusive community encourages a culture where you can be the you’est you, you can be; and that is what makes working in this hotel that little bit more exciting.
We stand behind being big hearted, respecting each other, our guests and the wider community. But our DNA? We are ALWAYS serious about giving our guests a bloody good time!
Get a better look at our hotel here: https://www.instagram.com/bishopstrowhotel/
As Restaurant Manager what you’ll be doing
- You will be a leader of the restaurant team, capable of creating great employee engagement and owning your guest experience
- Lead from the front in demonstrating excellent guest care, hospitality skills and providing top level communication
- Demonstrate a serious but playful love for food, wine and drinks
- Remain unconventional as you implement service standards, team training sessions and developing talent alongside rota planning, recruitment and payroll control
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Restaurant, and Terrace plus hotel events; incorporating breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner service
- You’ll work closely with our professional kitchen team to develop and enhance all Food offerings
- Enjoy having full involvement in bringing ideas to the table and seeing them through to implementation
- Take responsibility for Health & Safety, industry standards.
- This is not an office job! We are looking for a hands on leader to drive our food team to the next level in this exciting chapter. This is an excellent opportunity to build your professional reputation in an exceptional environment
What happens next with your Restaurant Manager application?
Attract our attention with your application and we’ll call you. After we speak on the phone you can expect a friendly invite to spend an hour or two on a Team Insight with your chosen department – Ask all your questions and we will ask you a few too. If all goes well, you may just become part of the team!