- Job Type
- Full Time
Location: South West London- Southfields
Role: Sous Chef, full-time
Salary: £11 per hour
Working pattern: 6 days on, 3 days off and regular weekends off, morning shifts only 6am-2pm
Here at Bayley & Sage we do things differently. We are committed to developing our people as we grow and are proud of promoting from within wherever possible. We have reinvested our successful sales profits into our business and we're excited to be opening new stores. It means our People team has to make sure we have the right people, with the right skills, in the right place.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a positive and professional Sous Chef to join our team based at our in-house Kitchen in Southfields (nearest tube Wimbledon Park).
About the role
As Sous Chef you will assist the Head Chef with the smooth running of the Bayley & Sage Kitchen; you will organise the kitchen and supervise the team daily and deputise for the Head Chef when they are away. You will be responsible for following the production workflow to ensure items are produced on time and in compliance with all health and safety and food hygiene regulations. You will ensure that all food items are prepared according to recipe specifications and required standards and you will contribute to building an effective and productive team capable of delivering key business objectives with an assertive, approachable, and confident manner. You will play a crucial role managing the kitchen team and you will have experience of working with HR to successfully manage people matters. Ultimately, a passion for high quality food combined with a hands-on approach and technical skill is essential for this role.
- Proactively assist in the smooth daily running of the kitchen by supporting Head Chef with delegating and managing all tasks as required and deputising for them in their absence
- Act as Production Supervisor for specific area of kitchen (hot kitchen or larder) and ensure team have been set clear objectives, check on results and follow up where necessary
- Responsible for ensuring deliveries are unloaded, and packed away with care and attention, ensuring invoices are correct, product quality is checked and stock rotation is carried out according to company guidelines
- Responsible for ensuring orders are packed & despatched with special care and attention, ensuring labels and invoices are correct, dates and delivery locations are clearly marked
- Responsible for instructing and motivating team members and assisting with their training and ongoing development
- Responsible for ensuring that the CPU is compliant with all relevant Health & Safety regulations and Company policy to include Food Safety, HACCP, COSHH, Fire Safety, First Aid
You are a well organised person able to lead the team alongside the Head Chef. You pride yourself on your high standards, professional conduct and hard work as well as always leading by example. You will preferably have experience in a similar role or in a fast paced and high-volume kitchen. You will be looking for a full-time role in a company which offers reward for great performance. You take pride in your work and feel a sense of achievement at a job well done.
What we offer
- Pension scheme
- 30% staff discount in-store with special discount on your Birthday
- 28 days holiday
- Career progression
Bayley & Sage is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We believe a diverse team is a successful team. We want to offer opportunities to people from all backgrounds irrespective of age, disability, gender and transgender status, race and ethnicity, religion and belief (including no belief), marriage or civil partnership status or sexual orientation. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of background.
Apply for Sous Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly