Head Chef - Luton - Luton
- Luton, Bedfordshire
- 21 Mar 2023
- 17 Apr 2023
- Restaurant, Catering & Hospitality jobs, Catering and Banqueting Manager, General Manager, Restaurant Manager
- Job Type
Head Chef - Luton
7am -3.30 Monday - Friday ( a few evenings/ weekend on events)
For almost 20 years, for every client, in every location, whether that's an office, stadium, cathedral or university, we have created beautiful spaces, exciting menus and friendly teams, so that each and every customer, and guest can have the hospitality experience they deserve.
We can't do this alone; we need the brightest and the best to join us in our mission to revolutionise the hospitality industry. No bland, boring experiences here, just tastemakers and gamechangers creating legacies and having fun.
Our drive and belief in people, means that we always strive to supercharge our team's careers. 'Better' is a daily habit that sits deep within our DNA, meaning learning will be front and centre of your experience working with us. Come join the revolution!
Join our busy team at the University of Bedfordshire Luton campus, we are recruiting due to the high volume of sales and hospitality. We pride ourselves on all fresh food and show stopper events. You will be heading up a brigade of 4, working with the general manager and events manager closely.
7am - 3:30pm Monday to Friday
WHAT WILL KEEP YOU BUSY:
- Plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required
- Ensure that the company's reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
- Control portion size and monitor waste
- Ensure supplies are correctly issued, used and accounted for to carry out stock takes and food rotation procedures
- Maintain records relating to food production activities and supplier information
- Ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards are maintained in line with company policy
- Set objectives and be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchen
- Assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- Hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company and client information
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Display a real passion for food
- Good secondary education
- NVQ qualification or equivalent
- Excellent craft skills background
- Successful progressive background in catering
- Basic and Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong Supervisory experience
- Ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
- 28 Days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Free meals on shift
- Bespoke development training
- Pension and life insurance
- Discounts available from HAPI app, from high street shops to holidays & cinema
We want to fuel your individuality, which is why we are deeply committed to creating an inclusive working culture at BaxterStorey.
Ready to be fuelled? Apply today.
Find out more about us at our website.