Head Chef - London - Retail - London
- London, Greater London
- 21 Mar 2023
- 13 Apr 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef de Partie, Commis Chef, Head Chef
- Job Type
Head Chef - Camden
Monday to Friday
Up to 50k
If you're looking for a career that offers flexibility, excitement, and progression, then contract catering could be for you! At BaxterStorey our career opportunities are endless with a huge variety of contracts, where you start with us is only page one of your story!
For almost 20 years, for every client, in every location, whether that's an office, stadium, cathedral or university, we have created beautiful spaces, exciting menus and friendly teams, so that each and every customer, and guest can have the hospitality experience they deserve.
We can't do this alone; we need the brightest and the best to join us in our mission to revolutionise the hospitality industry. No bland, boring experiences here, just tastemakers and gamechangers creating legacies and having fun.
Our drive and belief in people, means that we always strive to supercharge our team's careers. 'Better' is a daily habit that sits deep within our DNA, meaning learning will be front and centre of your experience working with us. Come join the revolution!
We are looking for a Talented, Driven Head Chef for a unique large B&I location in Camden. Join a passionate, collaborative team obsessed about food! Our vision is to produce delicious, innovative food with a focus on flavour.
This is a great opportunity to be at the forefront of our future food's initiative, trailblazing and revolutionise catering. The location is a flagship with over 1800 on site, a very busy retail service with large, modern restaurant and 2 busy coffee bars. The team is energetic, enthusiastic and have fun doing what they love!
Access to our client's weekly sample sale!
VIP collaborations and pop ups
- Lead kitchen operation and ensure the company's reputation for food quality is maintained at all times.
- Lead the preparation and cooking and display of menu items, controlling portion size and monitoring waste
- Set objectives and be responsible for the day to day running on the kitchen
- Innovate and develop the planning of menus for the future, working along side the Head of Food.
- Support and develop the locations marketing and food programs with the Head of Food
- Ensure supplies are correctly issued, used and accounted for to carry out stock takes and food rotation procedures
- Maintain records relating to food production activities and supplier information
- Ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards are maintained in line with company policy
- Assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- Hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company and client information
- Successful progressive background in catering
- Ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
- Flair and innovative with menus and food presentation
- Good listening skills
- Basic and Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong management experience
- Up to 50,000
- 28 Days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Free Meal on shift
- Bespoke training and development
- Discounts available from the HAPI app, from high street shops to holidays and cinema
We want to fuel your individuality, which is why we are deeply committed to creating an inclusive working culture at BaxterStorey.
Ready to be fuelled? Apply today.