General Manager - Allesley
- Coventry, West Midlands
- 21 Mar 2023
- 18 Apr 2023
- Restaurant, Catering & Hospitality jobs, Catering and Banqueting Manager, General Manager, Restaurant Manager
- Job Type
For almost 20 years, for every client, in every location, whether that's an office, stadium, cathedral or university, we have created beautiful spaces, exciting menus and friendly teams, so that each and every customer, and guest can have the hospitality experience they deserve.
We can't do this alone; we need the brightest and the best to join us in our mission to revolutionise the hospitality industry. No bland, boring experiences here, just tastemakers and gamechangers creating legacies and having fun.
Our drive and belief in people, means that we always strive to supercharge our team's careers. 'Better' is a daily habit that sits deep within our DNA, meaning learning will be front and centre of your experience working with us. Come join the revolution!
Our client is one of the largest online retailers in the world and has multiple sites across the UK. You will be based on a site that operates 24 hours a day and could feed anywhere up to 1500 people in a day. Our associate customers are very hardworking and have great appetites, they love hearty British foods, spicy curries and being from all over the world, their own regional specialties.
WHAT WILL KEEP YOU BUSY:
- Ensure that the location achieves, as a minimum, the financial targets agreed with the client in line with the budget
- Monitor the work of all the staff and carry out appraisals, recognise training needs and potential as appropriate
- Hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company and client information
- Work with your Operations Manager to prepare budgets; achieve and maintain the food cost in accordance with the budget
- Develop and evolve all client's services at location, ensuring regular adjustments and improvements are both recommended and implemented
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You thrive on getting the best out of people and maximising commercial opportunities
- You draw satisfaction from managing, training and supporting a team
- You provide a professional catering service, ensuring that company standards are maintained and that Client expectations are met
- Have experience in an General Manager role ideally in contract catering or hospitality
- Good understanding of report writing and financial management.
- Possess excellent supervisory and communication skills
- Good delegation and influencing skills
- Able to demonstrate your analytical approach to problem solving
- Have the ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
- 28 Days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Bespoke training and development
- Discounts available from HAPI app, from high street shops to holidays and cinemas
We want to fuel your individuality, which is why we are deeply committed to creating an inclusive working culture at BaxterStorey.
Ready to be fuelled? Apply today.
Find out more about us at our website.