Sous Chef - Myerscough Smithy
- Street, Somerset
- 31 Jan 2023
- 28 Feb 2023
- Chef jobs, Chef de Partie, Commis Chef, Sous Chef
- Job Type
38 Hours Monday - Friday
If you're looking for a career that offers flexibility, excitement, and progression, then contract catering could be for you! At BaxterStorey our career opportunities span industries from retail fashion to motorsport within roles across marketing, people development, sustainability, supply chain and more. Working late nights or weekends are rare, giving you that important work/life balance - that's right you can work in hospitality and not work Saturday nights!
We invest heavily in training and development to give our people the confidence and industry knowledge to push the boundaries of hospitality excellence. There is endless opportunity to climb the career ladder (at any age or stage of your career!) and we offer over 500 courses across our business, from NVQ qualifications to our award-winning Chef Academy.
We are a large industrial site with multiple outlets, this position is for one of our flagship units.
We are looking for someone who can take the lead, work well alone and as part of a small team.
You will be responsible for development of the food offer.
Sous Chef benefits:
- 28 Days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Free meals on shift
- Bespoke development training
- Pension and life insurance
- Discounts available from HAPI app, from high street shops to holidays & cinema
What would we like from our Sous Chefs?
- Display a real passion for food
- Previous experience within a demanding kitchen at the relevant level
- Team player with the ability to manage the team when Head Chef is absent
- Ability to manage costs, negotiate and build relationships with suppliers
- Compliant from both a Food Hygiene and Food Safety perspective
- Relevant qualifications
Sous Chef requirements:
- Assist the Head Chef in the kitchen operation
- Look at the development and planning of menus, including future food trends
- Develop new styles of service and concepts in the location
- Compile all food orders for your sections, ensuring food standards and cost are agreed with the Head Chef
- Ensure stock, deliveries and wastage are all checked and recorded in line with company and food standards
We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment. To be who you are without judgement, no matter who you are or where you're from. Where individuality is a strength and you can be proud to be you.
Ready to join us? Apply today!