Accommodation Assistant Manager - Fordingbridge
- Job Type
- Full Time
Accommodation Assistant Manager - Sandy Balls - New Forest, Fordingbridge
40 hours per week, including weekends & bank holiday's
£18,500 per annum
What we need in a nutshell
We want our team of cleaners to be well-managed and motivated, so that our guest accommodation so clean that when guests open the door to it, we can hear them say “Wow!”
Some of the background
We’re not your average holiday company. Our guests come to our UK resorts to experience a world away from their day-to-day. When they are with us, they play crazy games, enjoy show-stopping entertainment and live in the moment. Our job is to surprise and delight them at every turn.
We need you to be the person who delivers delight by managing and motivating a team of cleaners. That feeling that guests get when they first open the door is up to you and your team, and the love you have put into making their accommodation sparkle. It sets the standard for a great holiday.
What you will be doing
Working as part of our slightly bonkers team of holiday heroes, you will be making sure accommodation is sparkling and ready for new guests on changeover days, and you will be confidently trouble-shooting any problems that arise.
This will include:
- Managing and motivating your team of cleaners
- Keeping on top of changeover day logistics – noting late bookings and changes, and preparing towel packs, dishwasher tablets and all the other essentials of a happy holiday
- Making sure all the accommodation is ready on time with everything in place
- Resolving guest issues in a way that makes them feel good
- Working together with other team leaders and the wider park team to ensure our guests have the perfect holiday
And who knows what else you may find yourself doing. As long as you’re happy to help even when it’s ‘not your job,’ you’re our sort of person.
One more thing…holidays happen at holiday times, so you will need to work your magic on bank holidays too.
Skills, experience and qualities you’ll need
We’ll provide training, but you must:
- Have experience of leading a team
- Have experience in a housekeeping role so that you know how this vital role works
- Have a friendly and helpful attitude - delightful when you meet guests and good at communicating with your team.
- Be an organiser, with an eye for the important little details
- Be comfortable working to tight deadlines as part of a busy team
It’s about your values too. We have a can-do, fun loving, people centred ethos here at Away Resorts, which is captured by our holiday heroes’ mantra of Attentive Amazing Lovers.
Nice to have but not essential
It would be great if you tick some of these boxes too (but we won’t hold it against you if you don’t).
- Experience of working at a holiday park
Want to join our team? Here’s how to apply
Click on the Apply Now button. If you’re new to our website, we’ll prompt you to register. If you’ve already registered, you can simply log in. Then complete your details and send us your best version of you.
That could be a vlog, blog or a Snapchat story; it could be a good old CV – if it is a CV, make sure you add a note or covering letter to say why you’re the one for the job.
It’s up to you what you say and how you say it; whatever makes you feel good and tells your story best.