Area Chef Manager
- Job Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Area Chef Manager
Working Hours: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Variable Shift Rota - 07:00 - 15:00 - 40 hours per week
Would you be interested to join a leading facilities management company with a reputation for excellence?
Atalian Servest is currently recruiting for an Area Chef Manager to join our passionate and driven team in Braintree!
Your general aims will be:
To support the achievement of the Company goals of:
Sales; Retention; and Profit
To support the achievement of the operations departmental goals of:
- Operating and retaining profitable business;
- Maximising Team members and client relationships; and
- Consistently exceeding the expectation of food and service standards
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- To coordinate and manage all catering and associated services at appointed premises.
- Management and control for all food production in the unit you are covering, overall shifts and in line with company standards and specifications.
- Ensure the efficient working of catering support services whilst the manned catering services are closed (i.e. vending machines, cash loaders).
- Conducting full cash handovers at the commencement of cover and again at the end of the cover period.
- To consider all special dietary, allergy and religious needs as required when preparing food or helping with menu design.
- To ensure consistent provision of specific Company products and processes e.g. ‘Homebake’ and ‘Just in time vegetables’.
- Menus – Support the Unit Manager to compile all menus in line with the specific menu cycle for that unit to maximise the use of quality, fresh, homemade items.
- Orders – Keeping cash purchases to a minimum by ordering all supplies from nominated suppliers and adopting all stock control procedures to ensure stock levels are managed in line with Company targets.
- Storage of goods – stock controls to be completed weekly in all units.
- Report all breakdown of equipment to responsible parties and inform the Unit Manager on their return to the unit.
- To manage all Team Members to provide the required service at an agreed level even for shifts when you personally are absent from the unit, including afternoons, nights and weekends. You are responsible for having contingency plans for emergencies whilst you are covering the unit.
- Set, maintain and develop all company standards across all units as agreed with the Operations Manager.
- Guard against pilferage, misuse or abuse of all Company or client monies, goods and equipment.
- To ensure all cash handling procedures are adopted so that all monies can be accounted for. Discrepancies of +/- £5 to be reported to Operations Manager and handover information provided for the Unit Manager.
- Ensure that no work or food preparation of a personal nature is carried out on the client’s premises without the client and Company’s express permission.
- Complete responsibility for Team Member supervision whilst covering any unit.
- Effectively manage the labour levels during both peak trading periods and downturns.
- Full compliance with the company Servest Food Co food range including the availability of cold dessert range, salad pots and premium sandwiches as appropriate.
- Ensure you and the team adopt the correct Company uniform standards including name badges. Ensure you have appropriate workwear for different units.
- You are responsible for the full completion of weekly and month-end bookwork and highlighting and responding to any issues that are identified during any period you are covering that unit.
- To ensure that no issues arise whilst you are covering a unit, that may place the contract at risk.
Customer and Client Satisfaction:
- At all times maintain a positive customer and client relationship through regular meetings and encouraging feedback.
- Compliance with agreed customer satisfaction levels to be measured through customer surveys.
- To be visible and available throughout service periods whilst on duty.
- To be aware of customer needs and adapt service to suit.
- To maximise opportunities for adding value to client services.
- To take ownership of the sales function of the unit you are covering.
- Continue to plan and run competitions and promotions as per the Company planner and to maximise the use of marketing materials such as table talkers and tent cards, in line with the unit business plan.
- To report any possible sales opportunities to the Unit Manager or Operations Manager.
- To support the local sales plan to grow generic sales year on year.
- To promote secondary sales by encouraging Team Members to upsell.
- To ensure 100% compliance with company brand standards.
Health & Safety/ Food Safety:
- You are responsible for all health and safety and food safety issues within the unit you are covering.
- To maintain all company and legislative records as required by the company.
- Assess potential hazards and to take appropriate action to minimise the risk and report to the Unit Manager and Operations Manager.
- To comply with all company and legislative regulations in relation to food production, premises and services.
- Ensure the cleaning rota is adhered to, to ensure hygiene standards are met.
- Support the delivery of agreed budgets on a weekly basis by managing the controls whilst you are covering that unit.
- Completion of all company bookwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- To ensure all estimated deliveries and actual invoices are processed in the correct weeks bookwork to ensure accurate declaration of Gross Profit.
- To ensure all goods and services are fully charged for.
- To monitor, collect and record all vending money
- To bank all monies in line with the company procedures.
- To be responsible for the security of unit money at all times and to ensure any variances are investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- To maintain all the company's property in a secure manner and all monies in a safe.
- To control and account for all free issues.
- Ensure all menus in all units are costed as per company standards.
- Responsible for all keys on-site and the overall security of the unit whilst you are covering.
- To work with the Operations Manager to identify potential cost savings.
- Support the Unit Manager in recruiting and selecting the best people for the job based on their knowledge and experience in line with the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Recruitment policy.
- To support the Unit Manager with Job Chats and Appraisals, within the agreed time scale.
- Maintain local personnel records including all absenteeism/ holidays/ training, whilst covering that unit.
- To continue with the delivery of full Induction for new starters and delivery of the statutory unit training plan for the rest of the team whilst covering that unit.
- To support the development and motivation of Team Members to ensure a productive working environment.
- Support achievement of personal development plans for all Team Members.
- Manage absence and sickness using the Bradford Factor system.
- Carry ou