Run a pub

The right support for your needs

Running a pub through the supported tied model is a fantastic occupation that offers entrepreneurially-minded individuals a low-cost opportunity to run a hospitality business at the heart of their local community.

Our licensees come from all walks of life. Some of them have worked in the hospitality industry before but others are running a pub for the first time.

That’s why we take a flexible approach, never forgetting that all our pubs and operators have individual needs. Rather than adopt "a one size fits all" approach, we tailor our support to the needs of the business, taking into account licensee experience, local market conditions and your aspirations for the pub.

First things first, if you want to run your own pub business, you will need a personal licence. We will put you in touch with our recommended training supplier and support you in applying for this. You will then need to complete a BII Pubs Entry Training (PET) which is an online – elearning course that identifies the main issues to be considered and investigated before signing a pub tenancy or lease agreement.

Once you have found your perfect pub and are ready to formally apply, we will support you through the necessary paper work, credit checks and help you put together your business plan. We have a broad range of tenancy agreements available and try to be as flexible as possible to ensure you have the right one in place. Our support package is extensive, ranging from commercial support through to marketing support and assistance with food development.

Working with Admiral Taverns, you also benefit from bespoke advice from our tight network of award winning BDMs. Many of our BDMs have run pubs themselves, they understand the pressures and the challenges licensees face and we empower them to help you develop your pub, supporting you in the ways you need it most.