ParkLives Project Coordinator - Six month posistion
Active Nation is a registered charity with a simple cause-led mission; persuading the nation to be active. Under the simple but purposeful mission, the charity delivers what really matters to communities; exciting sports and exercise programmes which encourage them to sustain a healthy lifestyle.
Active Nation is joining forces with Coca-Cola GB and Southampton City Council to deliver a four year programme which positively benefits the City’s population by bringing communities together to take part in fun, free activities across a number Southampton’s parks.
As part of the project we are on the ‘hunt’ for an enthusiastic self starter, with a can do attitude, who will work at pace to manage the Southampton ParkLives project. We’d love to have conversation with you if you’re able to tell us:
- About your successful track record and history of achieving great participation outcomes.
- What motivates you and why this challenge will appeal to you.
You will be passionate about sport and exercise, relish accountability for exceeding performance and be unswerving in your commitment to the highest standards of quality.
- Deliver our 2017 programme reporting accurately and timely on participation data and other KPIs.
- Contribute to the development of a vibrant and varied programme of activities.
- Work with partners to implement tactical promotional activity designed to reach communities across Southampton including the management of our social media and press comms.
- Build brilliant relationships city wide partners.
- Grow a team of voluntary activators.
- Have experience in managing projects and/or delivering public events.
- Be highly organised with excellent administration and resource allocation and control skill.
- Having an activity delivery back ground and qualification is desirable.
- Be able to drive.
The hours for this role are flexible but we are ideally looking for someone to work around 25-30 hours a week increasing to 40 in the summer holidays. This is a short term, fixed contract position running until September 2017.
In our view, everything in life starts with a conversation and we’d love to hear from you. Please tell us your story so far by emailing your CV and a covering letter to David Drew, Assistant Business Manager.
If selected, expect a call back from us.
If you need any more information please contact David Drew on 07747 037058.