- Job Type
- Full Time
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ADVENTURE WITH A DIFFERENCE?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the Southampton Outdoor Sports Centre during in a period of transformation and growth. 2017 will see the introduction of a group fitness programme and community events calendar and we are looking for two-exceptional individuals to drives these new areas of our business.
The Outdoor Sports Centre has 98 acres of green open space that hosts facilities to play football, cricket, hockey, netball, tennis, bowls and his home to an athletics track, the Alpine Snowsports Centre as well as hosting a number of sporting events throughout the year. Our new core activities will create a buzz of activity which will reinvigorate use of the sports centre, provide new revenue streams to support investment and provide new ways for people to connect with this amazing space.
As a capable multi tasker you will join a small, close nit team responsible for the effective day to day management of the site, and will balance these responsibilities with your specific areas of focus.
WE’D LOVE TO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH YOU IF YOU’RE ABLE TO TELL US:
- How you will persuade people to share in your passion for Sport and Exercise?
- What motivates you and why a new challenge might appeal to you?
- If your skills and expertise fit with our requirements?
THE EVENTS FOCUS:
The addition of a vibrant and exciting events calendar will connect the Sports Centre to a wider audience and make good use of the vast space. The events coordinator will need to collaborate with key colleagues to develop and deliver a range of events which excite our community, and seek opportunities to generate income through sponsorship, attendance, and commercial activities. Most importantly they need to be passionate advocates for the events they are driving stopping at nothing to deliver the best experiences in the most cost manner.
- For this role, the successful candidate will have relatable experience in event management, marketing and/or sales and will ideally be educated to degree level or a similar level.
THE FITNESS FOCUS:
The introduction of a group fitness programme will bring the sports centre to life and provide regular opportunity to take part in instructor led exercise classes. The fitness coordinator will work with colleagues across the contract to plan, develop, implement, and monitor a new group exercise and fitness initiative in line with Active Nations fitness proposition. As a passionate Rockstar you will lead the communications and supporter recruitment to our programme shouting about the opportunities and optimising the programme to supporters needs.
- For this role, the successful candidate will have relatable experience in a fitness setting and will hold a fitness qualification.
IN ADDITION YOU WILL:
- Have previously held a position of responsibility and can demonstrate an unwavering attention to detail as you take part in a duty rota to fulfil the day to day functions required to deliver a safe, quality operation.
- Be able to develop excellent relationships with key supporters, partners and colleagues to contribute in achieving outstanding results.
- Develop a supreme level of product knowledge on all aspects of centre courses, timetables, facilities, prices and subscription options to enable you to brilliantly respond to supporter enquiries.
- Use campaign techniques to actively promote our offer and recruit supporters onto courses and programmes. This will include, but is not limited to; having brilliant conversations, contacting supporters on our databases to generate interest, following up after supporters have taken part in activities to secure their next experience and obtain a recommendation, advising and recruiting supporters to subscriptions as part of their commitment to participating in sport and exercise.
- Use a computerised booking system responding swiftly and concisely to enquiries to ensure these prospects are converted into commitments.
- Demonstrate a conscientious approach to resource management and maintaining high standards of house keeping around the centre.
- Be able to undertake multiple tasks at once and prioritise specific deadlines to achieve results.
These will be dual roles combining day to day operations with either a fitness or events focus.
These positions form part of a fixed duty rota and the days of work with work patterns of Sunday to Thursday or Tuesday to Saturday available, and will included evenings and some bank holiday work.
IN OUR VIEW, EVERYTHING IN LIFE STARTS WITH A CONVERSATION AND WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
To apply please tell us your story so far by emailing your CV and a covering letter to Mark Matthews. If selected, expect a call back from us.
Active Nation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.