Lead Instructor - Southampton
- Job Type
- Full Time
LEAD INSTRUCTOR – Southampton Water Activities Centre.
- Full time
- £19,000 – £22,000 DOE
- Colleague benefits & training
Active Nation are on the hunt for an exceptional Lead Instructor who is able to draw on a range of outdoor coaching and teaching practices to oversee and deliver exceptional activities to customers, whist ensuring the day to day operation of the venue is seamless. We require someone who can translate their passion for watersports into BRILLIANT leadership of casual instructors. The right candidate would take the Chief Instructor responsibility of a key discipline.
- Are you an enthusiastic individual with a positive customer-focused attitude?
- Do you have experience in delivering RYA Training at a busy coastal training centre?
- Can you inspire, encourage and motivate other instructors to deliver high-quality training at a popular south-coast centre?
You will report to the Venue Manager and will:
- Already hold a minimum of RYA Senior Dinghy Instructor (coastal endorsement) and RYA Powerboat Instructor, plus one other instructor qualification (such as BSUPA Paddleboard Instructor or Paddlesport Instructor Award)
- Take Chief Instructor responsibility of a key NGB discipline at a busy South-Coast watersports venue
- Use your excellent observational skills to ensure the venue delivers the highest standards in health, safety and service quality
- Be inspired to continually develop your instructor and coach attributes, professional marine qualifications and people leadership skillset
We would like you to be here when we are busiest, so being able to work a variety of day, early evening and weekend hours is required, due to the seasonality of the venue. [KL1] You’ll be leading key areas of our busy south-coast RYA training venue where we proudly deliver training, activities and experiences for all ages and abilities in various NGB disciplines, complimented by a seasonal instructional team.
SWAC – powered by Active Nation - is a premier watersports venue on the River Itchen, in the heart of England’s south-coast. The RYA Training venue delivers well established Sailing, Powerboating, Windsurfing and Paddleboard training.
As part of the Active Nation group, we are a very special charity with a very important role to fulfil. Our cause – led mission is to persuade the nation to be active and we intend to make[KL2] a positive impact upon the health of communities’ right across the country. At our heart is a belief that we must excite our communities and ignite their enthusiasm for physical activity, sport and exercise.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent range of staff benefits, including:
- Free use of all Active Nation facilities
- Free parking
- Coaching and training opportunities
- Waterproof on water and shorebased kit for year-round comfort
- Discounted access to further training across our indoor leisure, outdoor activity and alpine snowsports centre
Closing Date for applying is Saturday 23rd January 2021. We believe everything starts with a conversation, so please submit your CV and a cover letter to Jon Kirby, Venue Manager and RYA Centre Principle, by clicking Apply Now, telling us why you are the best candidate for this role.
Apply for Lead Instructor - Southampton
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly