Sports Coordinator - Southampton
- Job Type
- Full Time
Sports Coordinator (Participation) - Southampton Outdoor Sports Centre and Pavilions
£18,000 per annum + benefits
Full Time 40 hour contract
Active Nation are looking for a highly driven and enthusiastic Sports Coordinator to lead on initiatives and activity programme creation with the aim of increasing supporter (customer) participation in a range of physical activities. We want someone BRILLiANT, so…
Do you hold a higher education degree or industry-based qualification? And/or are you a qualified sports coach or personal trainer?
Are you an enthusiastic individual with a positive, customer focussed attitude?
Do you have experience managing a customer-driven environment?
Can you inspire, encourage and motivate our team AND our supporters (customers) to be more active?
At Active Nation we view The Outdoor Sports Centre as the heart of Outdoor sport and activity in the city, boasting and incredible range of facilities across a 56-acre site. We facilitate sports provision and exercise to all and really want people to be able to be active no matter what their interests, ability or experience. Our facilities allow people to participate in football, BMX, Hockey, Pentanque, Athletics, Netball, Tennis, Cricket, Crazy Golf and much more. We are proud to be the home of The Powerhouse – a unique outdoor functional training space with OCR (Obstacle Course Race) specialist equipment. There really is something for everyone.
No two days will be the same and you will need to:
- Have a sports background and be passionate about sport and exercise, particularly outdoor activities and fitness.
- Be responsible for managing, motivating and developing your workload and projects.
- Be responsible for operational performance and increasing participation in several areas.
- Lead the centre operational safety and service requirements when on shift
- Develop excellent relationships with key supporters and partners to further develop the centre.
- Demonstrate a conscientious approach to resource management and have an aptitude for equipment maintenance.
- Be creative and driven with particular focus on furthering the fitness and coaching provision at The OSC and Pavilions.
- Be ready to join a team on a progressive journey of change and contribute suitably.
Active Nation is a very special charity with a very important role to fulfil. Our cause – led mission is to persuade the nation to be active and we intend to make a positive impact upon the health of communities’ right across the country. At our heart is a belief that we must excite our communities and ignite their enthusiasm for physical activity, sport and exercise.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent range of staff benefits, including:
- Free (or discounted) use of all our venue facilities and activities (7 in Southampton alone)
- Free parking
- Free and flexible uniform and protective gear
To apply please tell us your story so far by emailing your CV and a covering letter.
CLOSING DATE: Midday 22nd November
INTERVIEWS: Week Commencing 25th November 2019
Apply for Sports Coordinator - Southampton
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly