Business Manager - East Midlands
- Job Type
- Full Time
Business Manager (General or Contract Manager) - East Midlands
Salary up to £40k, plus mobile phone and Laptop.
Active Nation are on the hunt for an experienced Business Manager to manage two venues in South Derbyshire located in the East Midlands. So…
- Are you an enthusiastic individual with a positive, sales focused attitude?
- Do you have at least 5 years of traceable commercial success?
- Do you have experience of managing a customer-focussed team?
- Can you inspire, encourage and motivate your team AND our customers to be more active?
Active Nation is accelerating towards a more digital experience for our supporters (members/customers) and you will be pivotal in the role of creating a positive communication of our offer within our partnership with South Derbyshire District Council. If you are confident, self-motivated, and enjoy getting more of the nation active, then you are the right person to focus on sales and financial performance of our current and future venues in the area. You will lead a team of leaders who will manage the day to day operations, leaving you to concentrate on the business of sales and campaigning activity, and strengthening our local partnerships.
You will report to the Group Business Manager and initially be responsible for the performance of Green Bank Leisure Centre and Etwall Leisure Centre, including:
Communications and Marketing
We want you to oversee two venues whilst being based at one of them, we need you to work flexibly and across all opening hours. Green Bank Leisure Centre is in Swadlincote and boasts two pools, 3 level gym, double court sports hall, two cycling studios, meeting/activity rooms, Apex clip and climb centre and the best exercise studio in the region. Etwall Leisure Centre serves its local village community and beyond and is a thriving venue with a 25m pool, gym, studio, spin studio and double court sports hall, coupled with 3G artificial pitch and two squash courts.
Active Nation is a very special charity with a very important role to fulfil. Our cause – led mission is to persuade the nation to be active and we intend to make a positive impact upon the health of communities right across the country. At our heart is a belief that we must excite our communities and ignite their enthusiasm for physical activity, sport and exercise. The contribution of the Business Manager to the financial performance of the charity is fundamental to our mission.
We want the best of the best, so in addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent range of staff benefits, including:
- A recognition scheme giving you significant additional earning potential
- Free use of all of our venue facilities
- Free parking
- Fully expensed mobile phone and laptop
- Coaching and Mentoring opportunities.
(Date for applying is 24th May 2019, with interviews planned for May/June)
We believe everything starts with a conversation, so please submit your CV and a cover letter with your phone number telling us why you’re the number one candidate for this role.
Role Title: Business Manager
Reporting To: Group Business Manager
Liaison With: Directors & Group Managers
Responsible For: Club Management Team
Charity Mission: “To persuade the nation to be active”
Charity Behaviours: (how we expect you to behave)
- Be enthusiastic
- Be proactive
- Be responsible
Role Purpose: (how your role contributes to the mission)
Through BRILLIANT leadership and the execution of dynamic Campaigning strategies, you will persuade our communities to participate in sport and exercise that will enhance their health and well-being and you will support our partners in the fulfilment of their community objectives.
Key Result Areas: (the outputs of your role)
- Financial Performance
- Campaigning & Communications
- Operational Performance
- People Management & People Development
- Health & Safety
- Client Relationships
- Strategic Development
- When the financial objectives of the contract is achieved
- When financial monitoring consistent with achieving the financial objectives are fully utilised
- When ‘Financial’ Key Performance Indicators that will be a quantifiable performance are achieving the determined levels
- Fulfil accountabilities in an increasingly self-sufficient and self-determined manner consistent with charity’s values and beliefs.
Campaigning & Communications
- When your contract has a monthly/quarterly plan in place in order to achieve its targets
- When you meet with your team to review and plan campaigns
- When communications activity is executed that creates awareness within the market enabling enquiries to prosper
- When the operational objectives of the charity through BRILLIANT management and leadership of managers are achieved
- Management of supporter feedback processes
- NPS scores as agreed annually
People Management & People Development
- When Leaders and Managers are developed in a BRILLIANT way that they are managing their ‘responsibilities’ in a self-sufficient and self-determined manner requiring you only to establish clearly defined financial and operational objectives
- Lead on the BRILLIANT cultural concept for all staff within the contract
- Planned and delivered training to satisfy statutory requirements but to also improve individuals performance
- Management and monitoring of People Policies
Health & Safety
- When the processes and protocols for the Management of Health & Safety are effected consistently
- When the Contract is exceeding the expectations of the Client and is fulfilling the spirit and contractual terms of the Partnership
- When you are determining the periodic aims, objectives and priorities of the contract and establishing a plan to fulfil them
Contract specific outputs: