Community Activator (Sports Coach) - Southampton
Community Activator (Sports Coach) -Southampton
2 roles available – 6 months and 12 months (£18,200 pro rata)
Part-Time | 15 hours | Fixed term
Active Nation are recruiting for two Community Activators (sports coaches) to join the Active Communities Team in Southampton.
We are looking for driven individuals who can deliver sports activity and coaching sessions across a number of our different community initiatives.
- Are you qualified to deliver coaching in one or more different sports?
- Do you have a positive attitude and deliver brilliant coaching sessions?
- Can you inspire, encourage and motivate others?
You’ll be responsible for:
- Directly delivering, planning and assessing a number of sessions each day across our award-winning programmes to our target groups, whilst ensuring monitoring and evaluation procedures are carried out effectively
- Developing strong relationships with a range of external partners and agencies
- Monitoring the session quality and delivery of our delivery contractors, volunteers and community coaches
- Thinking creatively and working with the team to produce new session, activity and event ideas
You’ll need to be able to work a variety of day, early evening and weekend hours to fulfil the role requirements. The role will require travel around the Southampton area, therefore holding a full driving licence is necessary.
As part of the Active Nation group, we are a very special charity with a very important role to fulfil. Our cause – led mission is to persuade the nation to be active and we intend to make a positive impact upon the health of communities’ right across the country. At our heart is a belief that we must excite our communities and ignite their enthusiasm for physical activity, sport and exercise.
In addition to a competitive rate, we offer an excellent range of staff benefits, including:
- Free use of all Active Nation facilities (Premium membership)
- Coaching, mentoring and CPD opportunities
- Travel paid for
Closing Date for applying is 25th February at 12pm. We believe everything starts with a conversation, so please submit your CV and a cover letter with your phone number telling us why you are the best candidate for this role. Please note that the successful applicant will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check.
Apply for Community Activator (Sports Coach) - Southampton
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly