Finance Manager - Stratford-upon-Avon
- Job Type
- Full Time
Finance Manager - Stratford-upon-Avon
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Location: Stratford Upon Avon
Salary: Up to £33,000 per annum
Active Nation are on the hunt for a new Finance Manager to join our Finance team working at our central support office in Hatton Rock, near Stratford upon Avon.
Are you an enthusiastic individual with a positive, can-do attitude?
Do you have experience of working on managing the finances of a business?
Can you work to deadlines with accuracy, consistency and support a variety of key business individuals?
Finance Manager Job Purpose: Producing financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses etc. Developing long-term business plans based on these reports. Reviewing, monitoring and managing budgets. Developing strategies that work to minimise financial risk.
Although you may be required to occasionally visit other venues in our group, mostly you’ll work in a small but attractively finished office (rustic conversion) in one of the most sought after areas in the country. We have our own exercise equipment and positively encourage physical activity in the workplace.
Active Nation is a very special charity with a very important role to fulfil. Our cause – led mission is to persuade the nation to be active and we intend to make a positive impact upon the health of communities’ right across the country. At our heart is a belief that we must excite our communities and ignite their enthusiasm for physical activity, sport and exercise. Everyone’s role is fundamental to our mission.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be expected to be able to:
- administer all functions of the Purchase Ledgers
- administer all functions of the Sales Ledgers
- administer all functions of the Nominal Ledgers
- administer all functions of the General Ledgers
- manage/reconcile cash handling at all Southampton Sites.
- reconcile the Direct Debit collections to the bank
- produce accurate monthly management accounts
- produce monthly balance sheet reconciliation.
- investigate and correct any discrepancy in Monthly contract reports
- assist in the preparation of annual Budgets and Quarterly Forecasts
- prepare quarterly VAT returns
- process and manage monthly/weekly payrolls
- manage current bank account.
- produce comprehensive year end files with full documentation for audit.
- be responsible for the development of system and departmental procedural improvements.
- provide financial information and advice to Senior Management Team.
- support and assist Finance Assistants in developing Exchequer proficiency
- develop a high proficiency in our Front of House/Customer Relationship Management platform operation and reporting
- support the Financial Controller in introducing additional Finance systems
We would expect you to demonstrate:
- AAT/CIMA/ACCA part qualified/ qualified by experience
- good understanding of Microsoft Excel and spreadsheet knowledge up to advanced level
- experience of working in a fast moving environment
- line management experience
- strong inter-personal skills
- the ability to communicate both verbal and written to a non-financial community.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent range of staff benefits, including:
- Free use of all of our venue facilities
- Free parking in an attractive work setting
- Flexible working hours
- Coaching and Mentoring opportunities.
INSTRUCTIONS to LEISUREJobs: We believe everything starts with a conversation, so please submit your CV and a cover letter with your phone number telling us why you’re the best campaigner for this role.
Apply for Finance Manager - Stratford-upon-Avon
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly