Outdoor Chief Instructor - Southampton
- Job Type
- Full Time
Chief Instructor - Woodmill Outdoor Activities
£18K - £24.5k (DOE) + BENEFITS
Full Time 40 hour contract
Active Nation are seeking an exceptional Chief Instructor with a dynamic, self motivated approach to teaching and team management to work at Woodmill Outdoor Activities Centre.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ADVENTURE WITH A DIFFERENCE?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join Woodmill Outdoor Activities Centre. We are looking for an experienced Level 2 Coach to develop and lead the instructional team.
Woodmill is a busy outdoor centre that delivery a range of paddle sport and outdoor activities to school sand the local community. Activities include, canoeing, kayaking, climbing, high ropes, low ropes, archery, tunneling, orienteering, bush craft, pond dipping and bug hunt.
WE’D LOVE TO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH YOU IF YOU’RE ABLE TO TELL US:
- How you will persuade people to share in your passion for watersports and the outdoors.
- What motivates you and why a new challenge might appeal to you
- How you think we can use adventurous outdoor sports to achieve the Charity's mission
- Be passionate about sport and exercise, particularly outdoor activities
- Be responsible for the allocation of staff and resources against centre requirements
- Lead on staff recruitment, selection, training and mentoring
- Maintain safety, operational and customer service standards
- Hold a range of outdoor qualifications to enable you to lead sessions (minimum qualifications: UKCC Level 2 Coach and CWA or SPA award)
- Develop excellent relationships with key supporters and partners to further develop the centre
- Demonstrate a conscientious approach to resource management and have an aptitude for equipment maintenance
Woodmill is part of Active Nation; a national sport and exercise charity on a mission to persuade the nation to be active. Some of the benefits of working for Active Nation include:
- Use of facilities within the Charity, including
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Sailing, windsurfing & powerboating
- Gym and Swim
- PPE to include: BA, dry cag & trousers
- Access to clothing & equipment trade accounts
- NGB and centre specific training
IN OUR VIEW EVERYTHING IN LIFE STARTS WITH A CONVERSATION AND WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
To apply please tell us your story so far by emailing your CV and a covering letter. If selected, expect a call back from us.
INTERVIEWS: Suitable applicants will be contacted on receipt of application
Active Nation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an Enhanced CRB disclosure.