Outdoor Lead Instructor - Southampton
- Job Type
- Full Time
Lead Instructor - Woodmill Outdoor Activities
£18,000 + Benefits
Full Time 40 hour contract
Active Nation is seeking a brilliant Lead Instructor with a passion for paddlesports, outdoor education and off ground activities to plan and deliver a broad range of quality outdoor activity sessions.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ADVENTURE WITH A DIFFERENCE?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join Woodmill Outdoor Activities Centre. We are looking for a Senior Instructor to help lead the seasonal team and support the chief instructor in the day to day running of the centre.
Woodmill is a busy outdoor centre that delivery a range of paddle sport and outdoor activities to school sand the local community. Activities include, canoeing, kayaking, climbing, high ropes, low ropes, archery, tunneling, orienteering, bush craft, pond dipping and bug hunt.
WE’D LOVE TO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH YOU IF YOU’RE ABLE TO TELL US:
- How you will persuade people to share in your passion for watersport's and the outdoors.
- What motivates you and why a new challenge might appeal to you
- How you think we can use adventurous outdoor sports to achieve the Charity's mission
- Be passionate about sport and exercise, particularly outdoor activities and watersports
- Be able to draw upon your experience as a Senior Instructor to deliver high quality outdoor learning experiences
- Lead in the maintenance of centre assets with direct responsibility for one department / discipline
- Lead the pre planning and deliver of one of the centres community projects
- Support the Chief Instructor in mentoring and developing centre staff
- When required assume the role of; Duty Manager, key holder and nominated onsite Senior Instructor
- Uphold safety, operational and customer service standards
- Hold a range of outdoor qualifications to enable you to lead sessions (minimum qualifications: Level 2 Paddlesport Coach & HIghropes / Climbing experience)
- Develop excellent relationships with key supporters and partners to further develop the centre
- Have an aptitude for equipment maintenance
Woodmill is part of Active Nation; a national sport and exercise charity on a mission to persuade the nation to be active. Some of the benefits of working for Active Nation include:
- Use of facilities within the Charity, including
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Gym and Swim
- PPE to include: Waterproofs & dry cag / trousers
- Access to clothing & equipment trade accounts
- NGB and centre specific training
IN OUR VIEW EVERYTHING IN LIFE STARTS WITH A CONVERSATION AND WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
To apply please tell us your story so far by emailing your CV and a covering letter. If selected, expect a call back from us.
CLOSING DATE: 20th June 2018
INTERVIEWS: Week Commencing 25th June 2018
Active Nation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an Enhanced CRB disclosure.