Duty Manager (Health & Safety Coordinator)
- Job Type
- Full Time
FULL-TIME DUTY MANAGER (HEALTH & SAFETY COORDINATOR)
ACTIVE NATION - SOUTHAMPTON (SO15 1BA)
The Quays Swimming & Diving Complex
37 Hours per week, £19,126 p.a + Benefits
EVERYTHING STARTS WITH A CONVERSATION
Active Nation is a registered charity driven by its mission to persuade the nation to be active. It is fast growing and dynamic and has been selected by Southampton City Council to be its principal sport and exercise delivery partner over the next 8 years.
WE’D LOVE TO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH YOU IF YOU’RE ABLE TO TELL US:
- How you will deliver an efficient, friendly high quality service to our customers.
- What motivates you and why a new challenge might appeal to you.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Have a minimum of 6 months management experience with direct staff supervision and preferably hold a valid NPLQ
- To work on a Duty Management rota taking responsibility for the opening and closing of the centre
- To have administration responsibilities for overseeing the management of Health & Safety policies & procedures, and the management of Lifeguarding standards
- To have commercial responsibility for the income from NPLQ courses
- To be responsible for all Health & Safety issues within the centre, and to ensure that all work undertaken by centre staff conforms to Active Nations Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- To ensure correct staffing levels at all times, maintain current operational rotas and up-date when required.
- To take responsibility for House Keeping issues within the centre clearly defining standards of service, and putting place cleaning schedules accordingly
- Be an excellent communicator, love meeting people, be able to think creatively and demonstrate success in turning challenges into opportunities.
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of the post that may be allocated by the manager after consultation with the post holder
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of workplace and/or leisure health and safety
- Leadership and Teamwork skills
- Reliable, Enthusiastic, Responsive, Responsible
- Customer service skills
- Work experience in sport, leisure and fitness
- Organisational and administrative skills
- Free Premium Membership
- Active Nation Staff Benefits Scheme
- Paid NPLQ Training & Free Renewals
- Free Parking
- 25% Discount on Courses
- 25% Discount on Retail Items
- Paid Holiday Allowance & Pension Scheme
- Friends & Family Membership Discount
*This job advert may expire before 26th November 2017*