Group Marketing Assistant
- Job Type
- Full Time
Active Nation are on the hunt for a new Marketing Assistant to support the Charity in it's growth. We pride ourselves on having an exciting and unique brand...so we need exciting and unique people to help us deliver our message! If you have a passion for sport and exercise, love communicating with people and enjoy being creative...this is the job for you!
This role will be instrumental in developing an increased awareness of the charity.
The post-holder will be primarily focussed upon providing marketing support to the Active Nation venues nationally. Ensuring that the delivery of our local branding meets the brand standards of the Charity.
You will also play a lead role in ensuring that the key online communication tools, such as the website and social media platforms, are managed effectively. Key tasks will include managing website content, adding articles that promote our news and events, and dealing with supporter enquiries and interactions.
The post-holder will also work with partners to ensure the performance and growth of our Search Engine Optimisation. Maximising referral traffic through back-links from other websites, such as our local authority partners, forums, social media, bloggers and directories.
In addition the post-holder will also be more directly involved with helping the charity to achieve its commercial objectives through supporting a communications schedule of SMS and Email to supporters on our database. The purpose of these communications will be to encourage our supporters to participate more regularly in sport and exercise.
To assist in the delivery of the campaign and communications (marketing) strategy, with the focus of persuading more people to be active.
- To assist in the delivery of Active Nation’s communication objectives.
- To develop campaigning content that will educate and inspire communities to participate in regular sport and exercise.
- To use a diverse and innovative range of communication tools to broaden the delivery of our message.
- To assist the Charity Communications Manager in all other duties.
To assist in the delivery of Active Nation’s communication objectives:
- Develop campaigns and communication activity to support the charities commercial goals. Providing marketing and design support to local and national projects.
- Use communications activity as an effective data capture tool.
- Positively work with our partners to maximise charity awareness.
- Use communication tools as a means to achieve the charity’s website and social media growth objectives.
To develop and manage campaigning content that will educate and inspire communities to participate in regular sport and exercise:
- Develop innovative and topical web based content that inspires our supporters to become more active.
- Use the charity’s website and social media platforms to tell the Active Nation story, sharing news and events.
- Inspire and educate local communities by creating or signposting wellbeing and research articles.
- Develop content that will maximise our SEO performance.
- Ensure that web content is kept up to date across the charities portfolio of sites.
- Work with partners to increase the number of referrals to our website.
To use a diverse and innovative range of communication tools to deliver the charity’s campaign message:
- To raise the profile of the charity’s online footprint.
- To ensure that Active Nation has a strong identity across a range of social media platforms.
- Develop and share inspiring and persuasive web content to educate our supporters on the benefits of sport and exercise.
- Deliver a schedule of communications through the use of e-comms tools such as SMS and Emailer software to aid campaigning performance.
- Use forums and other social media platforms as an opportunity to signpost new supporters to the Active Nation website.
- Interact with supporters and deal with their enquiries through the website, social media platforms and Web Live Chat.
To assist the Charity Communications Manager in all other duties:
- To assist with other communications activity that will support the charities objectives.
- Graphic Design
- Social Media management
- Supporting the delivery of the group marketing plan
- Design skills with Photoshop and Indesign
- Innovative and creative
- Passion for sport and exercise
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with web content management and social media platforms
Apply for Group Marketing Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly