Team Leader - Shaftesbury, Dorset
- Job Type
- Full Time
NCS Team Leader
Do you want to work with and inspire young people?
Join us on the NCS Programme this summer!
NCS is a unique, once in a lifetime opportunity for 15 – 17 year olds to build skills for work and life. You will manage and mentor a group for 2 – 3 weeks at a time supporting their NCS journey.
Activate is looking to hire Seasonal Team Leaders for work in July/August this year. Multiple dates of work are available!
During the programme you will…
• Supervise a team of up to 16 young people
• Manage a Team Assistant to work alongside you
• Create a fun, inclusive atmosphere helping everyone get the most out of their experience
• Maintain high levels of care and safety
• Responding effectively to any incidents / emergencies in line with company policy
• Support the NCS’ objectives of Social Cohesion, Engagement and Integration
• Guide and support your team during a variety of activities such as water sports, outdoor adventure, team building and life skills
• Assist your group whilst they plan and deliver a social action project of their choosing within their local area
Why work for us…
• Receive full support and training before the NCS programme starts
• Work with like-minded people to support young people and make a difference
• Gain fantastic, nationally recognised experience working with young people
• Flexible start dates to choose from
Earn between £295.20 and £400.95 a week dependent on your experience and role
We’re looking for…
• Enthusiastic, positive team-players
• Hard-working, dedicated attitude
• Enjoys working with and supporting young people
• Experience in leadership, mentoring or coaching
• Previously worked with young people or children
• Experience working in a residential or pastoral setting is desirable
Please note - Every candidate will be submitted for an Enhanced DBS Check once offered a role.