Doormen / Porter - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Lobby Guru (Doormen, Porter) - Ace Hotel London Shoreditch
The Lobby Guru is an ambassador and the first point of contact for everyone coming to our exciting urban hotel. The role sets the tone and the pace of the Lobby and Front Desk area.
We are a high performing team and you will be able to provide information on the services our quality front of house has to offer. This is a heavily client facing role that demands exceptional levels of customer service. We require you to have a sound knowledge of the local area and current events. Our guests love to explore. As the eyes and ears you will be responsible for consistent communications to our Front Desk Agents and teams across the hotel. Be ready to build relationships all round.
Why work at Ace Hotel?
- Free use of gym
- Free dinner at Hoi Polloi for 2 on your birthday
- Free room night stay, dinner and breakfast for 2 at Hoi Polloi once you pass probation
- Amazing monthly employee events (e.g., yoga, bowling, back massage, manicure, etc.)
- Ace Hotel Cultural events access passes (subject to availability)
- Access to free legal and financial advice
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Rewards and recognition scheme
- 30% discount on all F&B outlets
- 30% discount on all Ace Hotel Shop items
- Discounted rate for room booking
- Discount with partner establishments
- Pension Scheme
- Tasty meals on duty
- Free dry cleaning of work clothes
- Training and development opportunities
- Competitive salaries
You are personable with the ability to build rapport in a friendly non-invasive manner. You will be in the midst of our active Lobby/Front desk and we are keen for a candidate with energy to create unforgettable experiences. A good level of spoken/written English is essential. You have a sense of urgency and take ownership of your responsibilities. Every day is unique and you will be flexible toward a little pressure.
Above all we’re looking for a genuine personality to brighten an industrial edge. Experience is not essential, enthusiasm is equally valuable.
Ace Hotel is a collection of individuals – multi-disciplinary thinkers, enthusiasts, optimists and friends. We love our work and we love saying yes. We are not here to reinvent the hotel, but to readdress its conventions to keep them fresh, energised, human. We’re always looking for interesting minds, skilled thinkers and good dancers to join our small, hand-selected team. We seek out local artisans and talent to drive the property’s development and we believe in a better way of doing things, no matter the scale. We represent egalitarianism, authentic, natural hospitality and run our business through integrity and good relationships with people. We're emphatic about art and creation. With everything we do, we try to collaborate with and celebrate people whose work inspires us.