Senior Operations Assistant – Aberdeen Sports Village
- Job Type
- Full Time
Senior Operations assistant – Aberdeen Sports Village
Aberdeen Sports Village (ASV) exists as a home for sport, creating inspirational opportunities for everyone to realise their potential and is fully committed to investing in the development of our people. We’re the premier sport and exercise facility in Scotland and one of the leading sports facilities within the UK and Europe.
Main purpose of the job
The role of Senior Operations Assistant is to facilitate a safe environment to enable users to participate in a range of activities at Aberdeen Sports Village. The role will support, enhance and deliver the day to day operations of the facility.
As the Senior Operations Assistant, you will play an important role in ensuring the supervision of the day to day operation and team performance. Through inspirational leadership you’ll lead and support the team to deliver high performance, whilst adhering to safety regulations.
Working as part of a team, it is the responsibility of the Senior Operations Assistant to undertake a range of operational duties; including the safe operation of the Sports Centre and Aquatics Centre.
The Senior Operations Assistant will report to the Team Managers and will typically cover a seven-day week on a rota basis resulting in shifts that may include weekends, early mornings, evenings and public holidays
Key work areas
- The Senior Operations Assistant will cover the swimming pools and will safely supervise a range of aquatic equipment, activities and features specific to these environments.
- • Working as part of a team the Senior Operations Assistant is responsible for the safe supervision, prevention, intervention and rescues for users within their care.
- • As a first point of contact, the Senior Operations Assistant will provide high levels of customer care where they will assist with any customer feedback.
- • To assist the Team Managers in the efficient and effective day-to-day operations.
- • Assisting with the opening and closing of the facility.
- • Maintaining the cleanliness and safety of the environment.
- • Ensuring programmed activities and services are available including preparing, assembling, dismantling and storing equipment such as trampolines, badminton nets and event seating.
- • The Senior Operations Assistant will also supervise activity and ancillary areas, ensuring the safety of customers and enhancing the services offered by having product knowledge and sales acumen.
- • Setting out and dismantling of equipment for sports activities and exercise classes.
- • Working as part of the Operations Assistants team to supervise, develop, and support your team to ensure an integrated approach to service delivery at all times.
- Ensuring Operations Assistant staffing levels are maintained and notifying the Team Manager of staffing issues.
- • Safely supervise the aquatic environment, activities and users.
- • Observe users’ movement, identify aquatic ability, hazards, incidents and demonstrate safe preventions, interventions and rescue techniques.
- • Maintain and clean sports equipment and sporting areas.
- • Monitor the state of repair of all sports equipment (including teaching equipment & equipment for hire) ensuring that equipment checks are carried out as appropriate.
- • Deal with customer enquiries and requests appropriately and efficiently.
- • Assume responsibility for keeping facilities, equipment and general areas both inside and outside the building clean, tidy and safe.
- • Assist with opening the facilities on time and ensuring that facilities are secure at the end of the working day.
- • Carry out early intervention and rescues, respond to emergency aquatic situations including rescue and extraction. Carry out emergency first aid as required.
- • Assist with any Emergency situation; including fire evacuations, critical incidents, pool-based incidents etc.
- • Ensure that all members are kept informed of closures or interruptions to the services on offer.
- • Undertake general administration duties, where appropriate, e.g. rota management, staff rotations, co-ordinating breaks.
- Attend appropriate meetings as representative of own shift team and report back relevant information. Hold a position on one of ASV’s staff chamber groups.
- • Monitor the building maintenance requirements of all facilities, liaising with Estates/contractors as appropriate.
- • Take an active part in the on-going staff training programme.
- • Hold and maintain an RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification.
- • Assist with the staffing of the Satellite facilities.
- • Adhering to company procedures & checklists.
- • Follow ASV vison and values.
- • Engage, communicate, obtain feedback and support customers in the safe use and enjoyment when visiting the facility.
- • Hold a valid PVG Scheme Membership.
- • To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested by management