Cleaner (Maternity Cover) - Aberdeen
- Job Type
- Full Time
Cleaner – Aberdeen Sports Village
Aberdeen Sports Village (ASV) exists as a home for sport, creating inspirational opportunities for everyone to realise their potential and is fully committed to investing in the development of our people. We’re the premier sport and exercise facility in Scotland and one of the leading sports facilities within the UK and Europe.
We are seeking friendly, dynamic, inspiring and positive Cleaners to keep our building in a clean and orderly condition and undertake responsibility to preserve and maintain all our facilities.
What’s on offer: Competitive salary, Generous holiday scheme, ASV lifestyle membership, discounts on various services, contributory pension scheme, continuing professional and career development and long service rewards.
We are looking for a Cleaner to take care of our facilities and carry out cleaning and maintenance duties.
- The goal is to keep our building in a clean and orderly condition. Undertake responsibility to preserve and maintain all ASV facilities.
- Follow Safe and Legal procedures for all activities (including record keeping)
- Complete a planned programme of cleaning tasks
- You will perform a variety of cleaning tasks such as manual work and machinery based tasks.
The goal is to maintain the facilities in the best possible condition.
- Clean, stock and supply designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc)
- Conduct general upkeep procedures and other tasks as assigned
- Although working within a team environment, needs to be able to work predominately alone and take responsibility for personal time management
- Prioritise tasks in accordance to internal cleaning programme
- Provide a comprehensive cleaning service, following and adhering to work schedules.
- Clean male and female toilets and changing rooms.
- Provide special cleaning services as detailed under core and non-core tasks.
- Use and care of electrical equipment and cleaning materials, recognising and reporting faults and problems.
- Ensure that the security of buildings and rooms cleaned are maintained at all times and that building faults and other occurrences are reported as necessary.
- Ensure that Health & Safety instructions and current working practices are followed at all times.
- Use good customer care practices, liaise with staff and customers and give guidance and assistance to visitors and contractors.
- In order to meet Aberdeen Sports Village operational requirements and to maintain a safe, clean and secure facility you may be required, from time to time, to be flexible in your approach to work and to undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested by the Operations Management Team.