Performance Development Swimming Coach - Aberdeen
- Job Type
- Full Time
Performance Development Swimming Coach - Aberdeen Sports Village
Hours of work: Full-time 36.5 hours per week
Other relevant information: This appointment will be made subject to the terms and conditions of employment of Aberdeen Sports Village.
Purpose: The University of Aberdeen Performance Swimming (UoAPS) is looking to recruit a Performance Development Swimming Coach who will assist the UoAPS Performance Swimming Coach with planning, organising, delivering and monitoring a performance development swim programme to a designated group of national age group swimmers in conjunction with the performance development staff of Scottish Swimming, Aberdeen Sports Village, and the University of Aberdeen.
As it is appropriate to the post, ASV will request a PVG Scheme Record prior to employment, as part of their recruitment procedures.
Description of Duties:
- Lead and manage the performance development swimming squads to support the development of age group and youth swimmers, while meeting the requirement of the High Performance Swimming Coach and the wider programme.
- Deliver a comprehensive coaching programme which supports the development of age and youth swimmers with the long term aim of them being successful senior level swimmers.
- Support the implementation and delivery of the Partnership Agreement with links to the national programme, and the Aberdeen and area pathway.
- Provide development and support to other paid and voluntary coaches involved in the wider programme.
- Evaluation and continual improvement of the development programme.
- Effectively communicate with swimmers, parents / carers and key partners.
- Work with and support the High Performance Swimming Coach and Performance Swimming Coach ensuring an integrated Aberdeen City pathway linked / aligned to performance; contributing positively to an environment and conducive to delivering performance coaching.
- Working as a team with the High Performance and Performance Swimming Coaches to ensure the programme is appropriately covered at all times and supporting coaches opportunities for development.
- Work with ASV Health and Fitness colleagues to enhance swimmer and club development through the integration and application of appropriate land training and strength & conditioning.
- Actively engage and support partner clubs, having regular meetings, attendance of club sessions, assisting to plan and manage development meets and development camps for the wider programme.
- Liaise with the Performance Swimming Coach to plan and deliver development camps
Education and Qualifications eg. Academic, technical and professional education and training
- Qualified UKCC Swimming Coach Level 2 (or equivalent overseas award)
- Pass in Standard Grade English (or equivalent
- Qualified UKCC Swimming Coach Level 3 Pass in Higher English (or equivalent) Sports-related degree
- CIMSPA Membership
Work and other relevant experience (including training). eg. Specialist knowledge, levels of experience, skills, supervisory experience, research
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of age / youth swimmer development and different coaching philosophies
- Proven track record of coaching and developing swimmers at age / youth level
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience of working within National / governing body programmes
Personal Qualities and Abilities eg. Initiative, leadership, ability to work on own or with others, communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills and motivational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and adaptable interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, with a positive outlook
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to deliver plans of work and reports within specified timescales
- Ability to show initiative and leadership
Other eg. Special circumstances (if any) appropriate to the job such as unsociable hours, travelling, physical requirements etc.
- Willingness to work flexible and unsocial hours, as required
- Commitment to sport, physical activity and health
- An eye for detail and an ability to complete reports to a high standard as appropriate
- Flexible approach to work
- Clean driving licence