Regional Manager - South England
- Job Type
- Full Time
Regional Manager – South of England
1Life are a leading lifestyle and leisure management company, inspiring communities around the UK to get the most of life. We work within communities and trusts to improve engagement and participation in healthy and fulfilling lifestyles through sports, culture and health and wellbeing.
Our approach is collaborative, thoughtful and focused on delivering solutions. From over 20 years of experience in the public sector we understand the challenges local authorities face. By offering capital investment, funding opportunities and partnering with a range of organisations which include local authorities, national sporting bodies, industry leading suppliers and charitable institutions we drive innovation and deliver operational excellence.
Job Title: Regional Manager
Responsible to: Managing Director
Responsible for: Contract Managers & General Managers
Marketing & Digital Manager, Commercial Director, Health & Safety & Compliance Manager, Heads of Property, IT, Finance and Employee Services
Hours: 39 (as required by the business)
- Ensure the delivery, buy-in and engagement of the ‘brand‘ at all levels, colleagues, clients and customers.
- Developing people and a sense of ‘team’ within the organisation as a whole and within the sector to build a ‘world class’ business that our colleagues want to be part of
- To ‘own’ the client relationship and be fully aware of and deliver all contractual requirements.
- To be fully responsible and accountable for the full, proper and safe operation of region’s sites and all activities within them at all times.
- To ensure the highest standards of health & safety and associated compliance is adhered to all times, throughout region’s facilities and personnel.
- To deliver profit, service levels and leadership across the Region in accordance with the brand strategy and growth targets.
- To deliver Operational Excellence at all times through all responsible facilities.
- To ensure all revenue opportunities are maximised and all costs controlled with the aim of improving individual sites and regional profitability.
- To ensure on-going forecasts and plans are made to deliver budgeted expectations and to effectively and timorously evaluate risks and identify opportunities.
- To develop a high performance service culture that ensures consistent excellence in all we do.
- To ensure the sites within the region operate consistently to the standards required; delivery according to the QMS at all times.
- To contribute to the strategic development of the business and be actively involved in new business.
- To provide inspirational leadership and achieve targeted regional performance by directing, motivating and developing the team
- To be an ‘ambassador’ for 1Life in displaying all of the qualities required and expected of a key senior manager within the business. Both internally and externally. At all times.
- Ensure that all sites within the region provide an environment where all colleagues enjoy themselves whilst at work and make a real contribution to the success of the site and business as a whole.
- Maximise awareness of the Company's ethos and culture and in particular what makes their site special and that they are able to articulate this clearly to members/users.
- Foster efficient and consistent channels of communication to ensure that all staff are fully aware of what’s needed to do deliver maximum levels of commercial, operational and personal performance. All staff should receive ongoing feedback on their performance from line management and have the opportunity to discuss their on-going development.
- Ensure all Company policies, as outlined in the appropriate manuals and other guidelines, are adhered to within the region’s sites and that all staff receive the appropriate training to allow them to carry out their jobs safely and effectively.
- Ensure there is no compromise in the recruitment of our people and that absolute rigour is applied to recruitment processes.
- To lead, develop and manage the Contract and General Manager personally and through them their teams.
- The Regional Manager has full profit responsibility for the Region. All sites must be effectively controlled and financially managed to reach all of their set sales and financial performance targets. At all times the post holder must proactively communicate any potential issues in respect of achievement of these performance targets to the Managing Director.
- Ensure consistent management of ancillary revenue growth/cost management, whilst balancing the need to keep Managers focused on the main drivers of site success.
- Through management of the centres, build a sound understanding of the sales mix in each site and through the Managers ensure that sales targets are achieved through meticulous activity planning and execution
- Ensure all staff have access to the necessary financial information to allow them to do their job effectively, that relevant necessary accounting procedures are followed within the site and that relevant accounting information reaches the Finance Department by the agreed dates.
- Set realistic goals that realise the true potential of the sites, providing continuous guidance and direction to aid achievement.
- Support the CFO in the development of, and take full accountability for the management and delivery of, regional site budgets.
- To always be able to present actual, year to date and year end forecast for the region, along with actions for identified risks/opportunities for the region as a whole and for the top risk sites.
- Play an active part in development of the product and brand experience within the region. Challenge central thinking and foster innovation.
- Manage agreed CAPEX budget effectively within the region.
- Full responsibility for maximising all facility space, as well as delivering efficiencies around capacity, occupancy & variable pricing, making it as easy as possible for customers to book and pay for activities both ‘face to face’, online & by mobile
- Significant experience of delivering business growth and maximising operational excellence within a multi site, customer focused business.
- Posses a strong understanding of the leisure sector and the key drivers required to deliver growth and profitability.
- Excellent strategic acumen and the ability to understand the “big picture” (where the company stands relative to competitors and factors likely to affect business success).
- Generates workable, rationale solutions while maintaining decisiveness and an appropriate sense of urgency. Identifies and uses credible information and data to make decisions and solve problems.
- A proven ability to respond positively to challenges and negative situations and turn them into positive interactions.
- Strong commercial skills including demonstrable previous experience of interpreting financial statements and managing a P&L combined with strong operational understanding of what’s involved in managing a Leisure Centre.
- Good numeracy skills combined with strong report writing and analysis skills.
- Excellent administration and organisation skills.
- Extremely strong interpersonal abilities and approachable to members and other colleagues at all times.
- Advanced people management skills and the ability to inspire and motivate a team to achieve challenging targets / meticulous standards.
- The ability to identify strong and weak performance and individual capability levels, to cut through and understand the drivers of performance, build a range of options to improve and then implement an effective plan to address performance.
- Has great passion in their own work and an accomplished team player.
- A flexible attitude to working patterns with ability to work evenings, weekends and public holidays as required.
- Models personal effectiveness and consistency in day-to-day behaviours and accomplishments.
- A good understanding of HR practice
Apply for Regional Manager - South England
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly