General Manager - Peterlee
- Job Type
- Full Time
General Manager - Peterlee Leisure Centre
To ensure the profitable operation of the centre through the provision of quality services to customers, adherence to client requirement and the well being and development of staff.
1 To manage, control and co-ordinate the daily operation of the business in line with contractual requirements.
2 To write, in conjunction with the management team a business and a marketing plan for the site, taking into account the requirements of the Company Business Plan, budgets and corporate marketing plans.
3 To prepare site budgets and achieve all aspects of income and expenditure
3 To ensure all staff are aware of the plan and their involvement within it and as a consequence all targets are met.
4 To be aware of the financial performance of the site and adjust the operation and marketing of the facility to ensure targets are reached
5 To be responsible for the marketing of the site and the operation of the brands liaising with Brand Managers and Head Office personnel as necessary. This will include the implementation of an innovative range of services which meet Client and customer needs.
6 Marketing of the site will include:
• Preparation of media advertising, and liaison with media representatives
• Co-ordination of internal and external advertising displays
• The organisation and development of a special events programme, competitions and members socials
• Regular analysis of the profitability of the brands
• Implementation of the promotional calendar
• Responsibility for site promotional literature
• Responsibility for ensuring that brands comply with the corporate image
7 To create ways of communicating effectively with customers and staff with a view to promoting the services of the site as widely as possible.
8 To mingle regularly with customers and staff to gain a better understanding of the needs of both through feedback and dialogue.
9 To be responsible for the staff on site, with especial emphasis on recruitment, welfare, motivation, training and development, appraisals and staff performance.
10 To be a part of the shift rota and cover for a Duty Manager where necessary.
11 To ensure quality standards are met at all times through the adherence to a quality management programme, excellence in customer service and the provision of a clean and tidy environment.
12 To ensure that all staff are aware of their responsibility under the Health and Safety at Work Act and as a result health & safety procedures are fully met on site, including the provision of twice yearly refresher training.
13 In accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act to take necessary action in any situation likely to cause accident / injury or likely to render the buildings, structures, plant and equipment unsafe.
14 To be responsible for setting company standards on site ensuring compliance with Company rules and procedures.
15 To provide as required data and information for the Regional Manager, Contract Manager and Head Office, together with the provision of information to the Client in line with contract requirements
16 To produce the forecast P & L and to analyse actual P & L each month, reporting any variances to the Regional Manager and corrective action to be taken where necessary.
17 To have overall responsibility for site security including cash, building and controlled items.
18 To complete from time to time other tasks as requested by the Contract / Regional Manager.
CORE QUALITIES & BEHAVIOURS (1Life Performance Framework)
• In addition to the Key Responsibilities, 1Life has identified the core qualities and behaviours required from all colleagues for the successful delivery of our Mission, Vision, Values and commercial goals. These can be found in the 1Life Behaviour Framework and this role is required to achieve at Level 3, with particular focus on the following areas:
Apply for General Manager - Peterlee
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly