Duty Manager - Saffron Walden
- Job Type
- Full Time
Duty Manager - Lord Butler Leisure Centre
Reports to: Operations / General or Contract Manager
Responsible for: Team Members on Site
To be solely responsible for the daily operation of the site and to ensure the site provides a quality & safe experience for all visitors/customers using the facility.
- To ensure the facility is appropriately staffed to provide service excellence for the customer in accordance with the daily programme
- To co-ordinate the timely setting up and setting down of equipment in order that activities run smoothly and customers are not inconvenienced by poor time management.
- To ensure all team members are aware of the daily plan and their involvement within it and as a consequence all objectives are met.
- To circulate regularly amongst customers and team members to gain a better understanding of the needs of both through feedback and dialogue.
- To ensure lines of communication are fully used in order that the site operates to the highest standard.
- To ensure quality standards are met at all times through the adherence to a quality management programme, excellence in customer service and the provision of a clean and tidy environment.
- To ensure that all team members are aware of their responsibility under the Health and Safety at Work Act and as a result health & safety procedures are fully met on site, including participation in twice yearly refresher training.
- To ensure daily building checks are completed and recorded and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act to take necessary action in any situation likely to cause accident / injury or likely to render the buildings, structures, plant and equipment unsafe.
- The checks to include regular checks of the alarm systems and fire exits as prescribed in the quality management system ensuring that any failure of the system is reported and repaired as a matter of urgency.
- In addition as a result of the daily building and equipment checks to report and organise repair of any building or equipment fault / failure following the procedures outlined in the quality management system.
- To organise team members rotas and team member cover ensuring that staffing levels match programme requirements and budgetary allowances. Particular reference must be paid to poolside staff and the rotation of their duties on and off poolside.
- To check and authorise weekly timesheets and / or additional hours sheets against the team rotas and signing in / out registers.
- To be responsible for team member recruitment, induction, training and development, appraisals and team member performance of those team members for whom there is direct line responsibility.
- To monitor the cleaning programme on a daily basis and ensure it is in accordance with the cleaning specification and that the facilities are always maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness.
- To conduct pool water tests / monitor pool water conditions advising the management team of any action taken to adjust conditions if they vary from the prescribed limits.
- To ensure the pool maintenance programme is undertaken on a regular basis and action is taken where failure of the system is identified.
- To ensure company standards are met and team members comply with Company rules and procedures as outlined in the quality management system especially with regard to cashing up and financial procedures.
- To participate, in conjunction with team members in the creation of the site’s plan, taking into account the requirements of the Company Plan, budgets and marketing plans.
- To assist the /Contract manager with the preparation of the site budget and achievement of all aspects of expenditure control and income generation by taking advantage of cross selling opportunities arising from daily contact with customers.
- To complete from time to time other tasks as requested by the Operations Manager / Contract or Manager or any other member of the management team
- To undertake a role as a sales buster when no sales advisors are able to assist customers with membership enquiries
Additional Developmental Opportunities
- To undertake health & safety competent person training and be the recognised competent person for the site
- To be responsible for marketing & promotion on site and / or to assist the senior site manager with this function
- To be the environmental / energy champion for the site
- To be involved in training and development of team members at LA level.
Lifeguard trainer / assessor
- To be a champion of people – supporting the GM in recruitment , appraisals and training
It is a requirement of the job role to undertake a NVQ/Apprenticeship/diploma qualification if eligible
CORE QUALITIES & BEHAVIOURS (1Life Performance Framework)
- In addition to the Key Responsibilities, 1Life has identified the core qualities and behaviours required from all colleagues for the successful delivery of our Mission, Vision, Values and commercial goals. These can be found in the 1Life Behaviour Framework and this role is required to achieve at Level 2:
- Delivering great customer service
- Planning the issue
- Supporting others to succeed
Apply for Duty Manager - Saffron Walden
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly