Operations Manager - St Albans
- Job Type
- Full Time
Operations Manager - Cotlandswick Leisure Centre
REPORTS TO: General Managers
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Duty Managers
To ensure the highest standards are met in respect of the operation of the Centre to provide a quality experience for all visitors to the facility.
- In liaison with the Contract / General Manager to manage, control and co-ordinate the daily operation of the business in line with contractual requirements.
- To participate, in conjunction with the management team in the creation of the siteÆs business plan, taking into account the requirements of the Company Business Plan, budgets and marketing plans.
- To assist the Contract / General Manager with the preparation of the site budget and achievement of all aspects of income and expenditure
- To ensure all staff are aware of the plan and their involvement within it and as a consequence all targets are met.
- To be aware of the financial performance of the site and adjust operational issues to ensure targets are reached
- To ensure lines of communication are fully used in order that the site operates to the highest standard
- To interact regularly with customers and staff to gain a better understanding of the needs of both through feedback and dialogue.
- To be responsible for staff recruitment, training and development, appraisals and staff performance.
- To ensure quality standards are met at all times through the adherence to a quality management programme, excellence in customer service and the provision of a clean and tidy environment.
- To ensure that all staff are aware of their responsibility under the Health and Safety at Work Act and as a result health & safety procedures are fully met on site, including the provision of twice yearly refresher training.
- In accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act to take necessary action in any situation likely to cause accident / injury or likely to render the buildings, structures, plant and equipment unsafe.
- To ensure company standards are met and staff comply with Company rules and procedures.
- To provide as required data and information for the Contract / Business Manager
- To oversee the cleaning programme in accordance with the cleaning specification ensuring that the facilities are always maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness.
- To have overall responsibility for building maintenance and repairs within the facility ensuring legal, company and contractual standards are met.
- To cover for the Duty Manager if required and act as a Deputy in the Contract / Business Managers absence.
- To complete from time to time other tasks as requested by the Contract / Business Manager.
CORE QUALITIES & BEHAVIOURS (1Life Performance Framework)
- In addition to the Key Responsibilities, 1Life has identified the core qualities and behaviours required from all colleagues for the successful delivery of our Mission, Vision, Values and commercial goals. These can be found in the 1Life Behaviour Framework and this role is required to achieve at Level 2.
Apply for Operations Manager - St Albans
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly