Leisure Assistant Full Time
- Job Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Leisure Assistant/Lifeguard
Responsible to: Duty Managers
Liaison with: Reception
To assist the Duty Manager in all facility activities in accordance with Company systems and procedures.
1. To promote quality customer care at all times, dealing with minor complaints and reporting serious complaints to the Duty Manager.
2. To check the safety of equipment and to report any damage or malfunction of equipment, plant or building fabric to the Duty Manager immediately after discovery.
3. To assist in the preparation and operation of events and activities, including the assembly and dismantling of equipment and minor repairs when required.
4. To ensure the health and safety of customers at all times.
5. To ensure all cleaning duties are carried out as prescribed by the Duty Manager.
6. To attend regular staff training sessions as set out in the Centre’s procedures, you will be required to maintain your NPLQ by also attending the required training sessions according to the Centre’s Procedures.
7. To ensure that lost property is handled and recorded in line with Company procedures.
8. To patrol all areas of the Centre and ensure facilities are being used in the correct manner, making suitable adjustments as necessary.
9. To assist the Duty Manager in maintaining storage areas in a clean and tidy condition and in accordance with store plans.
10. To observe the Company's Health & Safety Policies in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to take necessary action in any situation likely to cause accident/injury and/or to render the buildings, structures, plant or equipment unsafe.
11. To understand and be fully conversant with the Emergency Evacuation Procedure for the building as detailed in the Health and Safety Manual.
12. To assist in the opening and securing of the premises each day and in the security of the building at all times.
13. To provide information and assistance to customers wherever possible.
14. To undertake regular training, as specified by the Company to maintain the ability to carry out the duties of the role effectively.
15. To complete general administrative tasks relating to the Centre's operation as they relate to the duties of the post.
16. To undertake all duties in accordance with the operational manual as they relate to the post.
17. To carry out tasks and responsibilities according to the designated area of work Issued to you by the Duty Manager.
18. To undertake general lifeguard duties to the standards defined in the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification - ensuring that the poolside is never left unattended for any reason whatsoever.
19. To be aware of general pool conditions i.e. water clarity and odour and report any deviances from the norm to the Duty Manager.
20. In the absence of the Duty Manager, to monitor the number of swimmers in the pool at any one time and where numbers exceed the specified limits and/or additional lifeguards are required to advise the Duty Manager.
21. To comply with the Normal Operating Procedure of the site at all times.
22. To carry out tasks and responsibilities according to the designated area of work Issued to you by the Duty Manager.
It is a requirement of the job role to undertake a NVQ/Apprenticeship/diploma qualification if eligible
CORE QUALITIES & BEHAVIOURS (1Life Performance Framework)
- In addition to the Key Responsibilities, 1Life has identified the core qualities and behaviours required from all colleagues for the successful delivery of our Mission, Vision, Values and commercial goals. These can be found in the 1Life Behaviour Framework and this role is required to achieve at Level 1, with particular focus on the following areas:
- Delivering great service to our customers
- Owning the issue
- Knowing our organisation
Where you will work
Downham Health & Leisure centre is open 7 days a week therefore un-sociable working hours will be expected. It has two Swimming Pools, a Gym with 100 plus stations, a Group Exercise program with 70 plus scheduled classes, outdoor Football fields, an Astro Turf and more. As a Leisure Assistant you are the key link to making sure everything in running safely throughout the leisure centre.
Working for 1Life
Working for 1Life is rewarding. All staff receives learning and development plans throughout their career, with a line manager giving clear direction and scope, no matter what the role.
We also offer competitive salaries, excellent company benefits and a comprehensive reward and recognition scheme to ensure that loyalty; dedication and hard work are rewarded.
1Life is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with Investors in People Silver Award.