Exercise Referral Coach - London Willesden
Exercise Referral Coach - Willesden Sports Centre
Reports to: Health & Physical Activity Manager / Operations Manager
Responsible for: Coaches, Assistants and Volunteers
Hours: 20 hrs – includes evening and weekends
Duration: Fixed Term 12 mths
1Life Management Solutions
To encourage everyone to get the most out of life
To engage with people and communities, to enhance lives through health and wellbeing, sport and activity, learning and the arts.
The role of Exercise Referral Coach is to deliver one to one and group exercise sessions to individuals that are referred, or self-referred, to the 1Life Referral Scheme or Fit4Life Health Programme in Brent. This role will work towards key health priorities of 1Life and clients. The role will facilitate both schemes, working closely with various health organisations and medical establishments to provide positive outcomes for those with a health condition(s) or those at risk of developing a health condition(s).
- To work with the fitness team and local health partners to develop the 1Life Referral Scheme across each site.
- Work within the set 1Life Referral framework, with referred and self-referred members of the public, delivering initial meetings, regular follow up appointments, controlled exercise sessions and individualised activity programmes.
- To help towards improving specific medical conditions and to track the progress of each members throughout their time on the scheme and post scheme to ensure sustained health improvement.
- To work with key agencies, partners and medical professionals, specifically G.P surgeries, hospitals and NHS health centres to raise awareness of the schemes and identify new opportunities for 1Life referral and cardiac rehab scheme members.
- To help sites and managers drive income and revenue via projects, programmes, events and initiatives.
- To develop positive working relationships with a wide range of organisations including, but not limited to, public health commissioner teams, health and wellbeing groups, county councils (where appropriate) and local GP’s.
- Ensure that thorough monitoring and evaluation takes place across all initiatives to show the impact and outcomes of our programmes and the company as a whole.
- To work towards a fully efficient, self-sustaining programme within a set period as outlined by 1Life and Brent Borough Council.
- You must have a number of relevant qualifications in exercise, health and fitness.
- The post holder must have completed, a recognised exercise referral qualification and have substantial knowledge of the health and fitness industry, including direct experience of working with a range of medical conditions.
- You must also be a member (or in the process of becoming a member) of REPs and show a good record of continual professional development at a suitable level. In addition you must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and programmes as well as membership databases.
1Life Behaviour Framework
In addition to your main areas of responsibility, we have identified the core qualities and behaviours that are required from all our people for successful delivery of our Vision, Mission and Commercial goals. Your role is primarily at Level 2 of the Behaviour Framework, with particular focus on the following areas:
- Delivering great service to our customer for our clients
- Planning for Success
- Developing our skills and knowledge
- Knowing our organisation
In addition to the key areas of responsibility and core qualities and behaviours above, you are also required to have read, understood and comply with any rules or standards required of you by your manager and or any additional responsibilities that is from time to time applied by the company.