Duty Manager - Milton Keynes
- Job Type
- Full Time
Duty Manager - Woughton Leisure Centre
We're looking to recruit a full time duty manager to work closely within our growing management team at Woughton Leisure Centre.
As a Duty Manager, your key day-to-day duties involve the operation of the entire centre facility, working closing with and reporting into the Operations Manager.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- To provide service excellence for the customer in accordance with the daily programme.
- To co-ordinate the timely setting up and setting down of equipment in order that activities run smoothly and customers are not inconvenienced by poor time management.
- To ensure all team members are aware of the daily plan.
- To circulate regularly amongst customers and team members to gain a better understanding of the needs of both through feedback and dialogue.
- To ensure lines of communication are fully used in order that the site operates to the highest standard.
- To ensure quality standards are met at all times through the adherence to a quality management programme, excellence in customer service and the provision of a clean and tidy environment.
- To ensure that all team members are aware of their responsibility under the Health and Safety at Work Act and as a result health & safety procedures are fully met on site, including participation in twice yearly refresher training.
- To ensure daily building checks are completed and recorded and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act to take necessary action in any situation likely to cause accident / injury or likely to render the buildings, structures, plant and equipment unsafe.
- The checks to include regular checks of the alarm systems and fire exits as prescribed in the quality management system ensuring that any failure of the system is reported and repaired as a matter of urgency.
- In addition as a result of the daily building and equipment checks to report and organise repair of any building or equipment fault / failure following the procedures outlined in the quality management system.
- To organise team members rotas and team member cover ensuring that staffing levels match programme requirements and budgetary allowances. Particular reference must be paid to poolside staff and the rotation of their duties on and off poolside.
- To monitor the cleaning programme on a daily basis and ensure it is in accordance with the cleaning specification and that the facilities are always maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness.
- To conduct pool water tests / monitor pool water conditions advising the management team of any action taken to adjust conditions if they vary from the prescribed limits.
- To ensure the pool maintenance programme is undertaken on a regular basis and action is taken where failure of the system is identified.
- To ensure company standards are met and team members comply with Company rules and procedures as outlined in the quality management system especially with regard to cashing up and financial procedures.
- To assist the Operations Manager with the preparation of the site budget and achievement of all aspects of expenditure control and income generation by taking advantage of cross selling opportunities arising from daily contact with customers.
- To complete from time to time other tasks as requested by the Operations Manager or any other member of the management team.
- To undertake a role as a sales buster when no sales advisers are able to assist customers with membership enquiries
We want to hear from you if:
- You have good written and verbal command in the English language.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the Leisure industry.
- Good standards of computer literacy in Microsoft Office software
- Experience in and knowledge of Health and Safety.
- Excellent customer service experience.
- Well organised with attention to detail
- Good communicator with excellent people skills
- Ability to multi-task, switching from one to another without loss of efficiency or composure
- You must be detailed oriented, friendly and organised
- Be confident enough to manage a demanding team desirable
- Applicants must hold a current NPLQ certificate.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment is a must!
- Holding a valid Pool Plant Operator certificate is desirable.
Where you will work:
1Life Woughton Leisure Centre, Rainbow Drive, Leadenhall, Milton Keynes, MK6 5EJ.
Introduction to 1Life
1Life is a forward thinking lifestyle and management solutions company who manages Woughton Leisure Centre in partnership with Milton Keynes Council, encouraging communities to ‘live more, live well’.
Working for 1life:
Working for 1Life Working for 1Life is rewarding. All staff receive a learning and development plan throughout their career, with a line manager giving clear direction and scope, no matter what the role. We also offer competitive salaries, excellent company benefits and a comprehensive reward and recognition scheme to ensure that loyalty, dedication and hard work are rewarded. 1Life is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with Investors in People Silver Award.