Head Chef - Rhosneigr
Head Chef - The Oystercatcher, Rhosneigr
Up to 34K plus TRONC accommodation available
In 2011 the Oyster Catcher opened, it is a unique building, in a beautiful setting in Rhosneigr, Anglesey. Open 7-days a week year round, The Oyster Catcher is the perfect place to dine or unwind, calling in for a spot of lunch, or enjoying an evening meal. We have created a variety of seasonal menus and our produce is locally sourced wherever possible. We pride ourselves on our range of locally sourced, traditional Cask Ales and our collection of wines and champagnes from around the world.
A fantastic opportunity has now arisen to lead our kitchen team. With relevant experience, in a fresh food environment, you will relish the chance to develop your career. We are looking for an individual that not only demonstrates the skills listed below, but also has the ability to apply individual leadership and decision making to ensure our goals are achieved.
As a Head Chef, you are responsible for managing all aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest experience. A Head Chef will also be required to ensure that all operational, quality, and administrative functions are carried out properly. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality and administrative functions
- Ensuring adequate resources are available according to business needs
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of menu items, special promotions, functions and events
- Maintain good communication and work relationships
- Ensure that staffing levels are maintained to cover business demands
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the kitchen team
- Comply with security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Ensure maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Manage financial performance of the department so all planning is in line with objectives
- Ensure food control systems are adhered to so margins are on target
What are we looking for?
- Experience managing a kitchen and developing staff
- Experience managing food costs
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Intermediate food hygiene qualification
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
We offer comprehensive training packages, to ensure that you are up to speed with the way we do things and offer you the opportunity to continually enhance your skillset.
- Opportunity to develop and progress your career within a growing independent company.
- Competitive rate of pay plus tronc received monthly
- 50% discount card for food at all our sites.
- 5.6 weeks holiday, pension plan and uniform.