5 days left
- Job Type
As part of the Kings Camps team, the Swimming Coach is responsible for the planning, preparation and delivery of all swimming sessions for groups of children aged between 4 and 17 years old. Children on camp are grouped into three age categories; 4-7s, 8-10s, 11-17s. The Kings Camps swimming programme includes a prescribed range of swim coaching activities as well as fun games and themed sessions.
Kings Camps are no ordinary camps; our coaching teams not only deliver high quality sports sessions, they embody our Kings Factor® ethos. The Kings Factor® is an energy, passion and commitment to child development.
Skills Match Essential
- A full STA Level 2 Swimming Teachers Certificate or ASA Level 2 Certificate for teaching swimming (previously ASA Full Teachers)
- A valid NPLQ, NARS qualification or National Rescue Test for Teachers
- Experience of working with children aged 4-17 in a swimming coaching/teaching setting
- A passion for sports
- Great leadership and organisational skills
- A vibrant, fun and confident personality
- A team player with a willingness to adapt
Staff selection policy
Child welfare is our number one priority and therefore all Kings Camps staff must:
- Be interviewed
- Provide professional and personal references
- Complete an Enhanced Disclosure Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (or equivalent for Scottish Residents)
- Experience of working with large groups of mixed ability children such as in a school environment
- Experience of working with children aged 4-17 within a sports coaching environment
- A valid paediatric first aid qualification
Dates / Locations
- Kings Camps take place during the school holidays in February, Easter, May, Summer and October.
- Over 50 locations in England, Scotland and Wales
For those with a Level 1 Swimming Teachers Certificate there are also opportunities available as an Assistant Coach at selected venues.
Apply for Swim Coach
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly