Cricket Coach - Stockport
Cricket Coach - Andrew Flintoff Cricket Academy
Stockport Grammar, SK2 7AF
Dates of Contract: 24th - 28th July 2017
The Andrew Flintoff Cricket Academy (AFCA) is a fun filled week of cricket coaching, games and activities. Each Academy features a Star Visit from either Andrew Flintoff himself or another Professional Player who will pass on coaching tips that helped them reach the top.
All Academies feature the unique 'Freddie Challenges', technical coaching, small sided games and our famous World Cup Day. AFCA is for boys and girls aged between 5-16 years old of all abilities.
What You Will Do
A typical day in the life of….
- Plan a variety of coaching sessions prior to the academy beginning with support from our curriculum or by using your own expertise!
- Deliver high quality coaching sessions based on age and ability, throughout each day
- Ensure every child is enjoying themselves at all times & generate a great academy atmosphere through fun, enjoyment & respect, maintaining high levels of safety throughout
- Work together in your team to get all equipment set up for a great day of coaching to begin
- Always welcome each parent and child in a professional and friendly manner
- Deliver extra-curricular sessions. These may include: wet weather activities & worksheet completion tasks
- Actively engage children in our Extra Time Club
- Our Academies run from 9:30am – 4:30pm or 9am – 5pm (depending on location) with the offer of our Extra Time Club to parents, which add an additional hour, each side of the day.
- You may be required to work in excess of 40 hours a week therefore you will be asked to ‘opt out’ of the 48 hour Working Time Directive
- Respond to incidents and/or emergences in line with company policy
- Adhere to Activate Camp’s brand standards
- Dress and act according to Activate Camp’s policy at all times
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks required
Your Safeguarding Responsibility
Activate Camps are committed to safeguarding and promoting welfare of our attendees. An Andrew Flintoff Cricket Academy coach must follow Activate Camps safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures at all times.
Wages And Benefits
You can earn between £240 - £500 per week (pro rata) depending on your age, quali cations and experience
We can also offer:
- Flexible job opportunities to suit your availability
- The opportunity to gain meaningful coaching experience
- IIRSM approved training and CPD opportunities
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for coaches that:
- Are out-going and enjoy working with children between the ages of 5 - 16
- Have great communication skills
- Have a positive & hard working attitude towards their work
- Are team players that are always willing to help out whenever needed
- Hold a valid DBS certificate – Activate can split the cost if you need one processing
- Have a right to work in the UK
Our coaches will also have the following qualifications and skills:
- An ECB Certificate in Coaching Children’s Cricket or Coach Support Worker qualification
- The capability to differentiate coaching sessions and drills
- Demonstrate excellent behaviour & group management skills
Training We Offer
- Attendance to our staff training weekend prior to the summer commencing is required
- Online training, including our Cardinus and IIRSM approved Risk Management in Sport and Childcare Settings Award.