Children’s Activity Manager - London
Children’s Activity Manager (40 hours a week) - Wimbledon
Exciting Opportunity Available to manage our Holiday Camp in Wimbledon
Are you passionate and enthusiastic about sport?
Do you want a career where you can change children's lives through activity and promoting healthy lifestyle?
Do you want to join a market-leading company in coaching and sport?
Who are Fit For Sport?
We are the UK's leaders with 25 years’ experience developing children's health and activity levels, by running a number of school and leisure centre services. We are dedicated to promoting healthy lifestyles to children and their families.
The job role:
- Manage holiday Camp on a day‐to‐day basis. Implementing appropriate operational procedures for the Camp this should include opening and closing, setting up safe children’s play areas, activity programme, cleanliness, and regulations/rules within the venue.
- Provide accurate booking service for the Kids Camp including trips/excursions and parent consent.
- Learn all operational aspects in line with provisions of the Children’s Act/OFSTED Regulations. Providing relevant documents and arrangements as required.
- Motivate and inspire children aged from 4 up to 12 years of age
- Planning and leading exciting activity programmes for children using FFS resources
- Attend departmental meetings, providing reports regarding Kids Camps within your site. Lead regular meetings within own site. Ensure standards are maintained across the team.
- Managing, developing and mentoring a team which consist of Activity Leaders and Activity Assistants
- Engage with parents and teachers on a regular basis in order to maintain relationships and have the opportunity to engage more children through physical activity
- Maintain stock levels and maintenance of all FFS equipment.
- Provide personnel reports on Absenteeism (sickness, holidays).
Requirements for the role:
- Be well organised and demonstrate strong leadership and management skills
- To be able to work effectively in teams and as an individual, always maintain a professional approach to work
- Be a positive role model at all times and have the ability to make learning and work fun
- To able to drive and travel to Pinner with potential opportunity to look after another site
- Experience supervising children in a camp/ or a leisure centre environment
- Minimum of Level 2 in Sports Coaching, Activity Leadership or Child Care (relevant degree routes accepted).
- Possess managerial background demonstrating planning and coordinating skills
- Monday to Friday work with flexible hours
- You’ll have access to our pension & death in service schemes
- Discount on access to our services for your children – if you have any!
- Access to the cycle to work scheme
- Company Uniform provided free of charge
- Our Accredited Training Academy with provide Training once in the role which includes training on the job and a Level 2 Activity Leadership Qualification
- Opportunity to complete a Paediatric First Aid Course
- Access to a range of Professional Development Training, Including Core Modules such as Safeguarding Children and the Common Core
- We will pay to sign you up to the DBS Update Service