Cleaner / Leisure Assistant - Leeds
Cleaner / Leisure Assistant
Reporting to: Leisure Club Operations Manager, Team Leaders
Direct reports: None
Only read on if;
- You’re passionate about great customer service
- Want to inspire and drive a team to really excel and deliver fantastic service and a key profit stream within our business
by ……………ensuring a memorable experience for every guest, every time!
We are currently recruiting for a
20 hour female Leisure Cleaner/Pool Attendant and a 16 hour male leisure cleaner/pool attendant to join our highly successful team at Village Hotel Leeds North. Based in modern and contemporary surroundings you will be required to contribute to the hotels success. You should have a warm, personable nature, can do attitude and eye for details.
You will know and understand what it means to deliver amazing hospitality and will thrive on the challenge of always exceeding guest’s expectations. You will be expected to achieve a level of service through the constant monitoring of our established brand standards. As a result you should be highly attentive to detail and be capable of delivering consistent standards. In this type of industry teamwork is key; you should be a strong team player willing to lend a hand wherever needed. In return we will offer you second to none career opportunities.
.Also responsible for Pool Side Attendance in accordance with STA guidelines, providing visual poolside life guarding throughout the day, responding to poolside alarms and taking appropriate action in an emergency.
Responsible for - Operations
- Carry out Pool Attendant tasks as required.
- Maintain poolside cover as appropriate during shift.
- Respond to poolside emergencies and take appropriate action.
- Carry out routine and periodic cleaning to areas, as directed.
- Maintain cleanliness of public areas.
- Have knowledge of the COSHH regulations in relation to cleaning materials, ensuring that all materials are used and stored in compliance with these regulations.
- Check Leisure Club Areas to ensure they are cleaned and all “extras” are in place in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Deal with items of lost property in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Have knowledge of and operate emergency and security procedures in the hotel.
- Report, immediately, to the Leisure Club Team Leader, any damage, wear and tear, or defects
- All Leisure Club Areas
- In public areas
- In cleaning equipment e.g. vacuum cleaners, trolleys
- Assist guests in a friendly, courteous and professional manner, as required.
- Respect guests’ privacy at all times.
- To support team members by providing assistance when required
- Assist the Leisure Club Team Members in the effective cleaning of the department
- Support other hotel departments in designated pool duties, when required
- Presentation and standards – The leisure club meets and exceeds statutory requirements and should always comply with standard operating procedures and equipment should be maintained and any defaults reported. Your personal presentation must be impeccable at all times.
- A Great Customer Experience – ensure the leisure club is always ready to welcome members delivering the highest possible standard of cleanliness and customer service so that our people, products and service are memorable as we build our reputation as the Leading Leisure Club. Assist members and guests in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- Communications – report any defects on equipment to maintenance department and ensure communication with the Leisure Club team is clear to be passed onto leisure club members. Attend team meetings when required. Feed back leisure club members comments productively and constructively where necessary.
- Leisure Club Performance – support the leisure Club Manager and leisure team to deliver the cleanest possible facility to all leisure Club Members and guests.Further, add value to overall hotel performance through teamwork.
- Statutory compliance & Pool Safety – achieve and maintain standards to the highest possible level in respect of cleanliness and Health & Safety. Be aware of and operate the hotel cash handling, security and emergency procedures. Carry out Pool Attendant tasks as required & respond to poolside emergencies and take appropriate action.
- Personality - customer facing presence, rapport builder. Calm and assured under pressure.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Good time management
- Smart professional appearance.
- ‘No problem’ mentality
- No previous experience needed, although preferred. All our staff are trained in house and provided essential training courses to carry out their role to the highest quality
Apply for Cleaner / Leisure Assistant - Leeds
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly