Student Internship - Reading
Student Internship (Digital Marketing) - The Club Company
1 Year Contract
A one-year internship in the marketing department at the head office of a country club operator, based near Reading in Berkshire.
This position is ideal for a student who is undertaking a degree in marketing, creative writing or English, with a view to pursuing a career in digital marketing after graduation. The role is busy and varied, working with a friendly but motivated team.
You will be reporting to and working closely with our Marketing Manager, as well as our Marketing Administrator and Designer.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being actively involved in creating monthly email campaigns, working closely with our designer and using Photoshop
- Sending out those monthly email campaigns to various databases of club members and non-members
- Ongoing update and enhancement of Club Company websites, aiming to keep members and non-members up to date with the latest news and offers, as well as optimising SEO.
- Editing and sending out monthly club e-newsletters (one for each club)
- In conjunction with Marketing Manager, setting up an e-marketing plan for 2018 (including a Social Media plan).
- Assisting Marketing Manager to implement and deliver 2017 and 2018 e-marketing plan; proactively (setting up campaigns, planning events, etc) and reactively (following relevant news/information received by TCC and its clubs).
- Implementing and driving the Social Media plan. Will include review and recommendation for improving presence on Social Media (corporate and clubs).
- Assisting the marketing department with occasional tasks outside the strict digital marketing area.
- A keen interest in digital marketing, and marketing in general
- Social media knowledge and experience, including setting up and monitoring campaigns on Facebook
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Some knowledge of search engine optimisation (SEO) would be helpful but not strictly necessary
- A good command of spelling and grammar
We are looking for an individual who is organised and self-motivated. The Marketing Manager and the rest of the team will provide a great deal of support to help you develop your skills and gain extensive experience during your year with us; however there will be some occasions where your manager is in meetings or working in a different location, so you will need to be organised and plan in advance to make sure deadlines are adhered to.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week. Monday to Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm with one hour for lunch (can be slightly flexible re start times and length of lunch break as long as 40 hours are done each week)
Holiday: 20 days paid holiday plus 8 paid bank holidays
Benefits: Free access to our state-of-the-art gym, swimming pool and group fitness classes (subject to availability)
Salary: To be discussed at interview