Pastry Chef - Padstow
Pastry chef – The Seafood Restaurant
Some say the best part about a meal is the dessert! Apple mousse, smashed liquorice meringue and hot chocolate fondant are amongst some of our favourites at the Seafood Restaurant. If you're an experienced pastry chef (at Chef de Partie level) and passionate about sweet treats we would love for you to join our team.
The Seafood Restaurant was the first restaurant opened by Rick Stein and Jill Stein in 1975. The Seafood Restaurant in Padstow is famous for establishing an international reputation for the very freshest fish and shellfish, often landed on our doorstep. In the centre of the restaurant is a Seafood Bar where guests can enjoy watching chefs assembling platters of oysters, langoustines and sashimi.
We're passionate about working with fresh ingredients and developing our people to be the best that they can be. You will have many opportunities to develop your skills and we will give you all of the guidance that you need. We take pride in being a family business that has been delivering exceptional service to our customers since our first restaurant, The Seafood Restaurant, was opened in Padstow in 1975.
Benefits for the successful Pastry Chef:
- You'll receive a share of tips from customers
- You'll get 20% discount in all of our shops and restaurants
- We can offer support with childcare costs for those with children
- There's the option for overtime on top of your normal working hours
- We'll offer you preferential rates for friends and family at our cookery school
- We'll offer you progression opportunities with the option to experience different styles across our restaurants
- You'll have the opportunity to be promoted within the team
- You'll be invited to summer events with Rick Stein and Jill Stein
- You'll have access to our Employee Assistance Programme supported by Hospitality Action, our leading industry charity
Responsibilities as a Pastry Chef:
- Confidently running the pastry section.
- Organising others under your supervision.
- Supporting other chefs when needed.
- Continually pushing to improve your knowledge and skills.
- Taking an active role in keeping stock loss/wastage to a minimum.
- Accurately dating and labelling all produce in your section and rotating to ensure minimal wastage.
- Helping to ensure the security of stock at all times.
If this sounds like the next step in your career as a Pastry Chef, we'd love to hear from you!
Click the apply button to submit your application.