Assistant Bar Manager - London
Assistant Bar Manager - (The Green Bar)
Inspired by the Café Royal Cocktail Book compiled in 1937, The Green Bar at Café Royal is a vibrant cocktail destination for contemporary Londoners and hotel guests. Celebrating the diverse history of the location, the cocktail list features heritage cocktails alongside classic concoctions and a selection of small dining plates.
‘Absinthe at the Green Bar’ is an iconic offering from The Bar. Expert bartenders mix cocktails and serve shots straight up traditionally, from the steady drizzle of the Absinthe fountain. As the spirit of Café Royal is revived, so too is the ritual of drinking Absinthe, the favoured tipple of the bohemian intellects who notoriously frequented Café Royal throughout its history.
The perfect destination for those from East and West, The Green Bar at Café Royal is a unique addition to London.
As our Assistant Bar Manager you will demonstrate a flexible and adaptive hands-on approach in order to manage service delivery within the Bar, to ensure that our team deliver a consistently high standard of personalised service to our guests. Providing fine, yet unobtrusive service is an art and as a member of a skilful management team you will be responsible for guiding our service team. Passion, knowledge of the latest trends in the London Restaurant scene and confidence are required trademarks for this position to successfully master the elegant delivery of our products and services.
You will of course be passionate about food and drink, with an exceptional knowledge on Food, Wine and Champagne in order to train and develop a knowledgeable team skilled in all aspects of F&B and the seamless delivery of service. As a skilled mixologist and you’ll be an expert in the art of cocktail making, with a deep appreciation of beverage styles, personalities and tones giving you the confidence to create innovative menus and seasonal blends to complement our guests’ preferences.
Your other management duties will include recruitment, staff scheduling, payroll and implementing Health & Safety policies and practices within the Green Bar.
- Natural elegance and passion for providing a luxurious level of service that is personalised, confident and calm
- Proven background as a Bar Manager or Assistant is essential, ideally gained in a 5 star luxury hotel, high End cocktail bar or Private Members club
- Exceptional grooming and communications skills - including a business level of spoken English in order to communicate with colleagues and guests
- Possess distinct leadership qualities to provide a credible and consistent role model, you will be passionate about excellence in service standards to develop and coach a team skilled in anticipating guest needs and exceeding expectations.
- Highly organised with impeccable attention to detail along with strong project management skills are essential
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work various shifts
- Previous use of the QuadraNet reservations system & Micros will be a distinct advantage
- Competitive Salary + Service charge and Bonus
- On duty meals
- Pro-rata allowance of 20 days holiday (inclusive of Bank holidays) rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service.
- Uniform provided and dry cleaned free of charge
- Group Life Insurance and contributory Pension Scheme
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – Member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards, employee referral scheme, colleague football team
- Discounted room rates and F&B, as well as other lifestyle discounts
Ready to join the team?
Please apply through Caterer by following the 'Apply Now' link below. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a CV that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.