RTC Older Age Group Assistant Coach - Milton Keynes
RTC Older Age Group Assistant Coach
Department: Football Development
Reporting to: Football Development Manager
Salary: £11.10 per hour
Contract: Fixed term
Hours per week: Non-contractual
Overall Objective: To deliver practical goalkeeping sessions in line with the Regional Talent Club technical programme.
- The delivery of training sessions at the Club and attending all weekly matches or CPD/ In-service events, where required .
- Deliver in service events for other coaches/ players at the Club or to Grassroots clubs/ coaches as part of regular training hours.
- To support the Head coach as and where necessary.
Summary of Duties
- To plan, prepare and implement a well structured and progressive coaching programme ensuring a high quality, enjoyable coaching experience centered on the needs of the participants.
- Implementing a training and games programme in line with LTPD guidelines.
- Monitoring and feedback to the players of their progress throughout the season.
- Storing and maintaining the kit and equipment you are given as part of your role as a RTC coach.
- The completion of all session plans and other paperwork deemed necessary by the Club Manager/ Tec Director
- To carry out administrative duties as necessary.
- To be responsible for the welfare of players within designated age group.
- To be committed to continuous professional development relevant to the post and personal training needs supporting future career advancement.
- To be prepared to carry out work during evening and weekend periods (unsociable hours).
- To ensure that the safety of participants, volunteers and staff is prioritized at all times
- Perform other duties as required which are considered relevant to the post and to the objectives of the Milton Keynes Dons Sport and Education Trust.
- To undertake every opportunity to promote a positive image of Milton Keynes Dons Sport and Education Trust/ Regional Talent Club
- UEFA B License in Coaching Football
- FA Youth Award – Module 1 and 2
- FA Licensed
- A recognized First Aid Qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of child protection issues including holding a current FA Safeguarding Children Workshop certificate
- Experience in coaching girls’ football
- An understanding of current Regional Talent Club structures
- Have knowledge and understanding of child development and be sensitive to children’s needs
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and training events when required
- Own transport essential
- UEFA A License Certificate in coaching Football
- An understanding of Talent Identification
- An appreciation of Long Term Player Development
- Attended the FA Youth Coaches Course
- Knowledge and understanding of working with young players
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Understanding of the FA Girls’ England Talent Pathway
- Experience working within a Centre of Excellence or Regional Talent Club
The successful candidate will be required to complete and enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: 6th December 2016