General Manager (Norfolk) - Norwich
Are you fit for Virgin Active….?
Stretch yourself to the full, whilst maximising our business!
Virgin Active is no ordinary health club business. And, right now, we can offer you a great opportunity to put your management experience to excellent use and step into an inclusive environment where everyone’s welcome. A rare chance to work for a globally recognised brand, from day one you’ll discover that Virgin Active is a place where your ideas are welcomed and you’ll really be able to make a difference.
As a General Manager you’ll be fully accountable for the club and have the autonomy to drive the business forward, whilst also working within a great framework giving you the support to succeed.
- Leading & inspiring the team to deliver the company’s vision to become the World’s Most Loved Health Club. Recruit, train & develop a fantastic HoD (Head of Department) team and drive them to engrain an ethos amongst our people to create exceptional service at every stage of our members’ journey.
- Ensuring the club is operated consistently to deliver a great member experience, prioritising safety & ensuring brand standards are met at all times.
- Creating an engaging environment for our members, ensuring they receive the highest levels of customer service at all times, whilst dealing efficiently with member feedback & deliver effective resolutions.
- Increasing membership through the sales team, whilst also focussing on member retention through the delivery of brilliant basics.
- Maximising revenue opportunities across all ancillary revenue streams, whilst controlling costs ensuring targets are met.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business. Shift times vary to suit club opening times and include early, late and weekend shifts, as well as bank holidays.
What we can’t live without:
Friendly & approachable, we’re looking for someone with a hands on approach who can work well under pressure and thrives in a fast paced environment.
To be a successful General Manager you’ll have:
- Proven success in managing a business unit or site with complex & mutli revenue streams.
- Impressive people management skills including the ability to coach and develop multi-functional teams to deliver targets.
- Strong commercial skills & financial acumen, with experience working with sales targets, as well as P&L accountability & driving multiple revenue lines
- Operational experience in a service driven environment with the understanding of our members’ expectations & empathy of their fitness journeys.
- A strong swimming ability & willingness to take the lifeguard course.
If you want to work in a fast paced & innovative environment where you’ll challenge the norm & work in fun surroundings, we’ll reward your contributions & provide development opportunities to thrive. You’ll also receive:
- Flexible working hours; have a life outside of work!
- A luxurious working environment.
- A dedicated Regional Operations Director to help you succeed & support your career aspirations.
- Look the part; we’ll provide you with uniform
- Complimentary VA health club membership for you & a buddy!
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Matched pension contributions up to 5%
- Optional health cover for you & a partner
- Dental cover for you
- Discount on loads of Virgin products & services.