Spa General Manager - London
Spa General Manager - The Ned, New Opening
Reporting to: Spa & Fitness Director
Role Based: The Ned, Poultry Street, London
We are now recruiting for our new hotel that is one of the most exciting upcoming openings by Soho House & Co and Sydell Group.
Who We Are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of private members' clubs and restaurants, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA and Europe. In addition, we also have exciting new openings planned around the globe including Japan, China and India.
Located on Poultry Street, this new hotel is one of the most exciting upcoming openings by Soho House & Co. The new project is a joint venture with Sydell group, a US hotel developer. We’re developing a Grade I listed building in the heart of the City to become a destination hotel with over 250 bedrooms. The hotel will have a gym, Cowshed spa as well as 9 restaurants, bars and extensive event spaces. There will also be member’s facilities, where members can enjoy the rooftop pool or in the member’s club.
Responsible for all aspects of the Spa Operation, supporting the Spa Director in driving key elements such as marketing and promotions, operating criteria, programming, budgeting, VIP guest visits, staff relations and training.
The Spa General Manager will play a key role in the Spa’s vision of success for key elements such as Cowshed, Advanced Beauty Treatments/ partners, Cheeky Nails, Barber Services, Hair Services, Food, Beverage and excellent guest care and expectation.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- At least 4 years’ experience as a Spa Manager or Assistant Spa Manager in a busy high-end environment of at least 6 treatment rooms or more.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Brilliant leadership skills
- Pro-active and reliable
- Exceptional customer service skills
- To consistently deliver the very highest of standards to ensure every guest has an experience that exceeds their expectation
- Must have the ability to lead, multi-task, and make sound decisions in fast-paced environment;
- IT skills including experience of using spa soft systems including set up and configuration
- Have strong organisational and administration skills with close attention to detail
- Experience of representing a spa as a Duty Manager
- NVQ 1,2 & 3 Beauty Therapy
Desirable Skills / Experience/ Qualification:
- Opening experience
- 2 years’ beauty therapy hands on experience
- A spa management -related degree or diploma
- Familiar with marketing planning
- First Aid Qualification
- Pool Plant Trained
- Experience as a Health and Safety Representative
- Experience of supervising / managing a Fitness department
- Familiar with P&L’s, forecasting
- Trained in Cowshed, Cheeky or Neville’s Brands
- Electrical Therapy Experience
- One of the most competitive salaries in the industry.
- 28 paid holidays per annum inclusive of bank holidays
- Salary exchange schemes, such as childcare vouchers and cycle-to work scheme
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Annual staff events
- Discounted rates at The Ned
- Fantastic career growth opportunities.
Only those eligible to work in the UK or have a valid UK work permit/visa will be considered for the above position